[nero] 5.5.8.2 & Liteon LTR- 40125W

vbimport

Really need some help here guys.

whenever I use my burner , I get this blue screen appearing, I have no idea what it
means & I was hoping somebody may be able to shed some light on to it.

Duron 900
512mb SDRAM
liteon 40125W writer
nero 5.5.8.2

AN EXCEPTION OE HAS OCCURRED AT 0028:C003B897
IN VXD IOS (01) + 000009EF

THIS WAS CALLED FROM 0028:C18CAA5D IN VXD CDVSD (01) + 00000CDD

IT MAY BE POSSIBLE TO CONTINUE NORMALLY

• PRESS ANY KEY TO ATTEMPT TO CONTINUE

• PRESS CTRL + ALT + DEL TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER.

YOU WILL LOSE ANY UNSAVED INFORMATION IN ALL APPLICATIONS.

PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE

Dont know if this will help any, but this happens on the lead in process, when I press any key the burner will continue as if nothing had happened but will then report an write error on the lead out.

I have enabled & disabled DMA numerous times to no avail. I have also increased the buffer size to 80mb (the maximum nero allows) I have updated the firmware on the writer.

The writer is all alone in the secondry IDE port and the jumper is set as master.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Please help somebody.

tragushardie@safe-mail.net

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

First suggeestion is list complete system specs and OS. Need a bit more than provided.

Also mention how you have your drives jumpered and what channels they are plugged into.

What firmware version do you have?

Also what IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers in Device Manager says for the channels that your DVD/CD/CDRW drives are plugged into.

Other than your CDRW drive, is there anything else new in your system?

Have you tried uninstalling Nero and reinstalling it? Nero has an update out, 5590, download it and try it.

Uninstall InCD and see if the situation improves.

there is nothing else new in the system bar the writer.

I dont have incd installed. the writer is on the second ide port, all on its own & the jumper is on as master