Nero 5.5.10.54 w/411s

vbimport

Can somebody 'splain to me how to make the 411s be detected with Nero 5.5.10.54? I’ve read it’s possible but all I get when I start Nero is the virtual drive, no physical DVD drive at all! All was fine with 6.3, but after demoing it I see no compelling reason to upgrade.

Please don’t just say yours works fine, tell me how you made it work! Thanks. :bow:

Win2K SP4
411s is master on Secondary IDE

Welcome

Originally posted by texneus
Can somebody 'splain to me how to make the 411s be detected with Nero 5.5.10.54? I’ve read it’s possible but all I get when I start Nero is the virtual drive, no physical DVD drive at all! All was fine with 6.3, but after demoing it I see no compelling reason to upgrade.
Win2K SP4
411s is master on Secondary IDE

I have exactly the same setup and background on one of my partitions.

How to make it work?

i. Uninstall current version
ii. Clean your system with Nero Clean Tools
ftp://ftp9.nero.com/attach/Nero-CleanTool.zip
iii. Check your ASPI layer. Nothing else as ASPI 4.60.!
Use ‘killAspi’ if you have other wersions of ASPI. (Search button)
iv. Install your Nero version 5.5.10.54

:cool:

I need some hand holding here. If you are supposed to have ASPI 4.60, how come your screen shot says yours is 2.something? Doesn’t Nero include the latest ASPI with it’s updates or am I supposed to download the last available ASPI from Nero’s FTP site? Or is this supposed to be somebody elses ASPI (Adaptec’s?)? If so, how do you get Nero to use it? I’m confused…:confused:

OK. Nero don´t need any ‘Adaptec’ ASPI. It has its own, and that is what you see in the picture. It´s included in the program.
No need to d/l any other Nero ASPI!
:slight_smile:
Win2k and your hardware needs ‘Adaptec’ ASPI to communicate. Read more here:
http://aspi.radified.com/

Win2K does not require ASPI for any reason.

@texneus
It works fine here.
Does Windows recognize your drive? Is is recognized at POST, as in BIOS? Are you sure that the drive jumper is set correctly?

Um, OK, so are you saying Nero 5.5.10.54 under Windows 2K will detect the drive with no additional help, tricks, or thrid party driver? This is wierd!

Rd: Windows sees the drive and it’s detected at Post. I’ve used it to great success with countless other utilities (specifcally–DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, Exact Audio Copy, Nero 6.3.0.2 (trial), Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 Disc Creator (trial), plus the bundled software myDVD and their ilk) with great success.

Um, OK, so are you saying Nero 5.5.10.54 under Windows 2K will detect the drive with no additional help, tricks, or thrid party driver?

Yes, Nero uses it’s own ASPI, located in the Ahead folder.
Best I can suggest is to remove Nero and use the Nero Cleaning tool then re-install. Futzing with ASPI will likey cause more serious problems then you already have.
And again, Windows2000 does not require ASPI, only a few poorly-written programs and a few utilities will require ASPI to run.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
And again, Windows2000 does not require ASPI, only a few poorly-written programs and a few utilities will require ASPI to run.

You may be right ‘rdgrimes’.
Win 2k don´t need any additional ASPI, it already has its own native.

BTW, I like your new avatar… :smiley: