Nero 5.5.10.15 released

here you go, hope this is the one we’ve been waiting for…

Profit

Downloaded it half an hour ago and just burnt my first copy with it - copy works just fine in all of my stand alones - looks like its fixed at last. Have also had good success with copyToDVD integrated with DVD2One

me just joined the gang :bigsmile: :bow:

Weell…

I’ve noticed that in this new version the (VERY handy!) “Booktype DVD-ROM” checkbox is GONE !! What’s up with that??

S.

NEC ND-1100 [4X DVD+R]

Burning using Data DVD instead of Video DVD still seems to be better. I just burned a “Video DVD” with Nero Express 5.5.10.15, the name of the DVD was “NEU” instead of the name i had given it .
My problem player recognised the DVD as “DVD” (formerly: BAD DISC) but didn’t play it.
Next step is that i’ll try to burn it using Data-DVD.

Anyone else having problems playing backup dvd’s with your xbox if you have one? I could never get them to work using Nero, even with this new release. Is there a certain setting I need to use so they’ll work? They play fine in my console player and dvd-rom drive.

@ Doom

have you tried the “xbox compatibilty” switch within nero?

I have just tried that. Now the dvd plays fine in the xbox but won’t play in the consoles. I used DVD-ROM UDF/ISO setting with Joilet turned off. Would just using DVD-ROM UDF work in both? I burned 6 coasters this week. Don’t want to burn many more if I know it won’t work ahead of time. Thanks.

The DVD must be burned UDF/ISO (non-joliet) to be DVD compliant.
Is it really that important that it works on the xbox?
Why don’t you use RWs for testing? DVDrs are too expensive for producing coasters :eek:

There seriously is a xbox compatibility setting in Nero?

I’ve burned no coaster in quite some time. This was before 5.5.10.15 I was using 5.5.10.7b and I have downloaded it, yet have not yet installed it.:oÞ

What works great for me is:

UDF/ISO
NO joliet (this is for Macintosh compatibility cross platform)
ISO level 1
UDF 1.02 (i’ve also burned at 2.05 and works fine there too)
No check mark on xbox.

Curious how this will work in conjunction with the DVD95COPY program I just purchased and installed. Will try it with 2 movies one with above and the other same movie with DVD2ONE.

RIMA.com has great price on Ritek DVD medai… I just ordered again for some more 4X for my Pioneer DVR-105. yes it burns at 4X and takes about 12 minutes to do a movie… LARGE movie too. S

Originally posted by apexDE
The DVD must be burned UDF/ISO (non-joliet) to be DVD compliant.
Is it really that important that it works on the xbox?
Why don’t you use RWs for testing? DVDrs are too expensive for producing coasters :eek:

I have 2 tv’s. One has the xbox on it and one has a dvd console. Thats why I’d like it to work on both. As for dvd-r’s, I only have a DVD-R/Ram drive so I can’t use rw’s. I’ll just keep trying different software or if someone knows a way that works 100% both ways with Nero would be great.

You might also want to try different brands of DVDR media. The cheap Princos work fine on both the Xbox and Apex DVD Players.

I got it to work 100% with Xbox and console players. If anyone else has trouble in the future, this is the settings I used:

DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)
ISO Level 1
ISO 9660
Nothing else check marked
Under UDF Tab, Select UDF 2.01 ( The other ones won’t work on both Xbox and consoles )
Use Physical Partition

Then your set and ready for a perfect burn.

I’ve tried all the above with my hp 200j dvd+rw to no avail. any ideas?

tried nero (per above) and roxio 6.

i play dvd’s on the xbox all the time…

And they also work on my apex and my sony standalone.

I just use the wizard and select dvd-video

Rob