Nero 5.5.10.15 problems

i just installed the new nero update and it crashes my system every time i insert a cd.i reinstalled the previous version and it works fine.anybody else have this problem?thanks.

No problems here…

on a Line-on 52x and a win XP (SP1a) box

RHYTMOS

nero update and it crashes my system every time i insert a cd

This sounds more like InCD behaviour.

I also have problems with new Nero 5.5.10.15. I can’t place a cd into either my cd-rom or Plextor 2410a without locking computer up. Windows ME is installed.

Update: Uninstalled Nero 5.5.10.15 and re-installed Nero 5.5.10.0, everything is working again.

I also had severe problems with this latest version on my win98se system. Installed it and couldn’t run half the apps on my system, most completely unrelated to burning although putting a cd in any drive guaranteed a system freeze.

I couldn’t even run scandisk or defrag without a lock-up. Tried uninstalling, restoring my previous registry and re-installing. Same problems.

As a result I just junked it and went back to the previous version and the problems disappeared.

I wonder if there’s a problem with the ASPI, and if swapping the older ASPI would fix it?
I’m still using 5.5.9.17

no problems with latest nero 5.5.10.15 here. maybe it has something to do with other proggy’s you have installed (eg. Alcohol)

Who knows but since I don’t know what “improvements” there are with v 5.5.10.15 and since the previous version works fine, it’s back to v 5.5.9.17 for this little black duck.

Oh man this sucks! I installed the latest NERO 5.5.10.15 on my old Win98 box and now it crashes on bootup! Haven’t had any trouble yet with the Win2k box though. yet…

The Win 98 box now seems to hang when the InCD flash screen appears.

What should I do, boot into safe mode and uninstall InCD and Nero? This really sucks, the earlier version worked perfectly.

Where can I d/l the earlier version?

What should I do, boot into safe mode and uninstall InCD and Nero?

That’s what I’d do.

Where can I d/l the earlier version?

Try ftp://ftp.nero.com and if you can’t find it there try doing an ftp search at http://www.alltheweb.com/. You’re bound to find it somewhere.

so far so good here.

Don’t have any probs with 5.5.10.15 .
:bigsmile:

Using Windows ME, installed the latest Nero and anything related to seeing My Computer, the whole computer freezes. Re-installed Windows from scratch, same things happen. I strongly suggest anyone trying this to be extremely careful. However, maybe by the time you read this, you already had some problem with it.:stuck_out_tongue:

I sure hope that Ahead fixes this mess, and soon, with a bug-free update.

This behaviour is more than likely because you are using a black listed key…
[Really and how is that possible when running a bundled oem version? … philamber :rolleyes:]

After reading all the posts it seems to me that there is a pattern here. Everyone with problems are either running Win 98 or Win ME, while all those without problems either run Win 2000 or Win XP. Maybe the problem only exists in Win 98/ME?

Looks like my above assumption was correct. From the Nero download page:

We have replaced the web version 5.5.10.15 with version 5.5.10.15a due to a problem with one driver.
If you have downloaded the web version 5.5.10.15 before and you are using Windows 95, 98 or ME, please download this file (nerocd95.zip) and extract it to Windows Installation Folder\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

So if you have this problem either download the new version 5.5.10.15a or download nero95.zip to fix the problem (only 17KB)

Sorry, Bozo, my key is not blacklisted. I bought a legit copy.

Jeez…:Z

Originally posted by philamber
Who knows but since I don’t know what “improvements” there are with v 5.5.10.15 and since the previous version works fine, it’s back to v 5.5.9.17 for this little black duck.

One very big improvement is the working DVD-ISO handling. Means You can now burn an existing DVD.ISO file (had problems recognizing the file size in older Versions). I made a backup copy of my Linux Installation DVD and it never really worked like in this version where ahead added the ‘Write DVD-ISO Image’ function!

I think that is an improvement world has waited for.