Nero 5.5.10.0 Nero Info Tool

Nero info tool shows DMA is off on my burner. Intel application accelerator show that it is on. Which one is right?

Can you burn at full speed with low CPU usage?

I just tried the write speed test and was able to burn at 50.3x without going past 10%. Am I right to assume that the Nero write test is just like burning and that DMA must be on?

Also… could updating the firware on my 166s cause the DMA mode to go down to 2 instead of 3? http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60794

thanks

the intel application accelerator causes the incorrect reading in nero info tool. once installed the IAA completely takes over setting the DMA and they can no longer be manually set in windows. the tabs for doing so ( advanced) are missing once IAA is installed. since nero info tool depends on windows to report the DMA you get the incorrect reading ( no DMA)

Originally posted by iss
the intel application accelerator causes the incorrect reading in nero info tool. once installed the IAA completely takes over setting the DMA and they can no longer be manually set in windows. the tabs for doing so ( advanced) are missing once IAA is installed. since nero info tool depends on windows to report the DMA you get the incorrect reading ( no DMA)

but if you can see, DMA setting for HDD, for example, InfoTool shows correct - on