Nero 5.1 Encode

vbimport

i have a few MPEG, Avi Videos how can i add Dolby Suround 5.1 to this video

thanks

AIUI, if it ain’t there, it cannot be added. Could be very wrong though.

Buy the Nero 5.1 Encoder from the Nero.com store

you’ll need to purchase the Multichannel plugin serial directly from Ahead/Nero. it’s simply requires a serial number to be entered into Nero’s StartSmart app.

You’re all wrong. If you purchased the Ultra edition it’s there, but very hard to find. Click the More button, choose maximum definition in the Nero Digital Profile drop down list. That’s it, you can choose 5.1 channel surround now.

umm, no…

The Nero page strongly implies that the MC Plug in is already in the Ultra Edition, you have to buy the Serial Number to activate it. Knowing Nero, you’ll then need to do what tellis100 said and look for it and then activate it…

uh, that’s what was said above…

it’s there, you need to BUY the serial to activate it. and it doesn’t come activated with just Ultra Edition (as stated on the page i linked to above).

I clearly misread the “umm, no…”. I obviously overlooked the reams of info that it contained. My bad.

But all seriousness aside, the Ultra Edition comes with the plug in (What tellis100 said), you have to buy the S/N key (What Nero said).

Umm, no… (what you said).

“umm, no” in response to “you’re all wrong” :wink:

I did not purchase any multichannel plugin. My Nero Ultra Edition that I purchased a serial number for does allow me to encode to 5.1 surround in Recode and Vision. This isn’t a pissing match here, I was trying to help the top 3 posters. Feel free to purchase any amount of plugins you feel necessary.

Recoding to NERO Digital format is different than recoding to a DVD compliant audio stream and/or using NVE to create a DVD compliant movie with a 5.1 audio track. you may very well be able to encode to 5.1 when converting to NERO Digital without purchasing an addtl serial, but to my knowledge, you still need the multichannel plugin serial to encode to 5.1 Audio for a full DVD compliant recode/creation.

I have the nero 5.1 plugin but I have no idea how to use it. I’m turning AVI’s into DVD format and assumed that you would get the 5.1 appearing under video options in the audio format window but I still only get the choice of Dolby Digital(AC3) 2.0 or stereo. How do you use it?

have you applied the serial number yet? you can do so within Nero StartSmart.

You’re all wrong. If you purchased the Ultra edition it’s there, but very hard to find. Click the More button, choose maximum definition in the Nero Digital Profile drop down list. That’s it, you can choose 5.1 channel surround now.

tellis100 (or anyone else): Can you please explain again how do I activate the 5.1 channel option, as all I have now is Digital(AC3) 2.0. I do have the ultra edition.

In which program I should look for the “More button”? My Nero Vision Express doesn’t have the “maximum definition” option there.

You can always PrintScreen the relevant steps :iagree:

Hi, I have applied the serial number already. I’m using nero ultra edition with version 6.6.0.12 for nero and 3.1.0.0 vision express on windows XP home SP2. The nero home page refers to upmix but that doesn’t appear anywhere. A quick how to would be greatly appreciated or even some screen shots as Boom sugested.

in NVE, click on Video Options at the bottom, then this:

Thanks, I finally got it to work. Although nero showed the plugin registered along with nero ultra it wouldn’t work. I removed the plugin serial registration and re input the serial numberdirrectly into vision express and it decided to work.
Thanhks for the help

Thank you guys for this thread.
I had to install the plugin patch and only then I was able to see the Dolby Digital (AC-3) 5.1 option (duh).

To me, this plugin is worthless. I can not see any way to direct my sound to specific channels. The only thing it does is up-mix, in a manner I don’t like, to DD 5.1.
I want to control the process as can be done in pro-encoders.