Nero 5.0 series

vbimport

i would appreciate if one of the wise one here lol, you guys are great would hepl me understand why all 5.0 series nero freeze up my compute or don’t work right. this is my second new computer and stil the same problem;
system w98se
asus A266 mother board
1.2m chip 266 bus speed
256 ddr ram
20gig ata100 hd
hp 9200 scsi burner 8x
50x cd rom
nero 4.091 works fine but don’t reconize my rom
what to do what to do.
thanks Tom

Do you have that same problem too with Nero 5.5.x?

I assume you have read the various topics posted on this forum in the past and you know that you shouldn’t have DirectCD installed?

What programs are you running in the background?
What other burn programs do you have installed?

You say your system completely freezes. At what point does it freeze? (when starting Nero, when burning audio, when burning data, when burning anything at all, when closing disc)

Have you tried Norton Utilities (Norton Crash Guard)?

I must say your info is a bit scarce and makes it hard to make a diagnose… More information would be welcome and I would recoommend using the search engine, perhaps you can find a solution through there.

Do you have that same problem too with Nero 5.5.x?

I assume you have read the various topics posted on this forum in the past and you know that you shouldn’t have DirectCD installed?

programs running in the background?
mcAfee webshots

What other burn programs do you have installed?
easy cd creator 5 no direct cd

You say your system completely freezes. At what point does it freeze? when i go to record it just hangs for about 2 or 3mins, record then don’t work and when i reboot i get this matted screen and can’t get in to windows

Have you tried Norton Utilities (Norton Crash Guard)? no

sorry if info was scare hopes this helps also when this problem occur i boot into safe mode uninstall nero and restart and then i find it damged some other files.
why does 4.091 work just fine?
thanks again tom

I do not provide support through E-mail, use this forum instead so others can benefit too.

And yes it happends on 5.5x

first of all, you should remove EZ 5.

My computer was messed up when i had EZ 5 and nero on my system. It gave me so much grief so i uninstalled EZ 5 and now, no problems.

If you have nero 5.5 x, upgrade it to the newest version.

In the past, i had problems with DirectCD and nero, but since upgrading to the newest version, i have directcd (from an older version–and no EZ creator installed) and nero running at the same time with no problems.

Thank you so much for you imput, i did check and you are correct.
Modem none use DSL
Soundblaster yes IRO9
SCSI controller YES IRQ9
USB Host controller YES IRQ9
ACPI PCI IRQ controller YES IRQ9
A little busy on IRQ 9 YES INDEED

I JUST TRIED AGAIN BEFORE YOUR POST WITH 5524 BLUE SCREEN AND FREEZE

now can i set these irq in bios and if so what # do i give them?
you say that version 5503 04 11 work where do i get them from.
thanks again Tom

How many people have freeze up problems running the new nero 5.0 and 5.5 and higher, that are running HP9200 and 9200 i scsi burners. And i thing this could be the problem.

And for those of you using the new nero5.5 and up what roms and burner are you using, i am trying very hard to get to the bottom of this problem as i am sure it effects many other users.