Nero 2015 Classic and Platinum now available

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Nero 2015 Classic and Platinum now available[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/09/myce-nero_2015_platinum_960-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Nero today announced the launch of its Nero 2015 Classic and Nero 2015 Platinum. The software suites feature more than 10 new mobile apps and enhancements to Nero Burning ROM, Nero Video, Nero Recode, Nero Express, and Nero MediaHome.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/nero-2015-classic-and-platinum-now-available-72733](http://www.myce.com/news/nero-2015-classic-and-platinum-now-available-72733)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Upgrade to Nero 2015 Platinum for €49.99…have to think about it…:smiley:

If it can’t do what Nero 6 did then forget it… Nero 6 was the last great software before they killed it…

I would mostly agree. There’s ripped versions out there called Nero Lite. It’s the Nero Burning Rom portion of the software only. That’s all you really need. Everything else is bloatware and fluff.

I’m still using Nero 8 . I see no reason to pay more money for features I won’t use…

ImgBurn for the win, baby. I dropped Nero like a hot rock a long time ago, when I had to replace my burner and the locked-to-my-old-burner version refused to work with the new burner. Tried other software before settling on ImgBurn, and have never looked back, which proved to be the right decision when I saw how bloated and bug-ridden Nero had become.

[QUOTE=MJPollard;2737231]ImgBurn for the win, baby. I dropped Nero like a hot rock a long time ago, when I had to replace my burner and the locked-to-my-old-burner version refused to work with the new burner. Tried other software before settling on ImgBurn, and have never looked back, which proved to be the right decision when I saw how bloated and bug-ridden Nero had become.[/QUOTE]

No that isn’t the problem the problem was that Nero 6 when I had it on my XP was probably the best burning software I invested in just that now with Windows 7 will not let it install. If it did I had it installed and be using right now but that’s not to be. All those after Nero 6 like Nero 9 just gave me headache and could never do what Nero 6 was able to do simple/clean and fast. I could rip my music and burn them all day long with nero 9 it worked and sometimes didn’t work like I wanted it to. That is the crutch of any programs they don’t keep the one that work but make new ones to make more money and forget that we are the one that is what go them where they are the “Consumers”.

The last few versions from nero were very good, and most of the software suite simply worked without any issues, at least on my setup.
Thankfully during the installation you can select what features you need, and if nero can make it lighter it would be more than welcome.

For those that want something free, there are a lot of options and IMGBurn is and excellent software, but for all those that want a nero6 I am afraid that this want be happening anytime soon.
I would also like to see some Benq, Yamaha and Plextor CD-R and DVD-/+R drives, but it want happen.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2737233]No that isn’t the problem the problem was that Nero 6 when I had it on my XP was probably the best burning software I invested in just that now with Windows 7 will not let it install.[/QUOTE]

Nero ROM v8 will install on Win-7 and with a patch even supports BD burning.

In the past I used Nero Burning ROM a lot, but in the meantime have switch to IMGBurn for most of my burning requirements. However I still do use Nero Video for some basic video editing and also Nero Blu-Ray Player for Bluray playback on my PC. And I love Nero Cover Designer for printing on my discs.

Well I did use nero a lot, back in the day of DVD-R burning.

But some time ago I moved over to HDD storage, and have not looked back. The only things worth burning to DVD-R och BluRay are the things you really want to save or are important.

And if you take time and think about it, most of the things you have, you do not need to save, you could do without it, but keeping it on harddrive (even though storage might not be that safe), lets you keep it, can be sorted later, and with harddrives so large, it save you LOTS of space without the optical media. Plus it is so easy with USB2 (or USB3) and docking stations.

Stand alone Nero Burning Rom has always been there, you only get the burning portion of the software, you can do without the rest. And Nero Burning Rom v15 is nice, still looks like the good old nere from way back, but it supports bluray and lots of other fixes etc.

I would say, nere burning rom is still the best, but is it worth your money, depends on how much you use it I guess. I have not uses the software for some time, and I do not burn a lot of DVD-Rs per year.

I have ripped over 1000 CDs from my CD mine and friends CD collections using Exact Audio Copy (EAC). I had been using Windows 7 for quite a few years and used Burrrn to burn actual CDs from the FLAC files that I ripped from my CD collection using EAC.

But I could not get Burrrn to work with my new Windows 8.1 system. So a few days ago I purchased Nero Classic 2015. And as far as the Burning ROM portion of the software. It works FANTASTIC. It is one of the easiest and fastest CD burning software’s I’ve used to date. And I feel the quality of the CD’s sound is better than the ones I burned with Burrrn. I’m not kidding. It makes me wonder if Nero has a better and more acurate FLAC decoder or something.

I used Nero 6 back in the day and it was very good. But after that I tried 9 and 10 on Windows 7 and did not like it as many are posting here. As Nero 6 could not burn my FLAC files. So I started using Burrrn on Windows 7 and that was good.

But as far as the Burning ROM portion of Nero 2015 goes it works excellent for making audio CDs from FLAC files.

I know many are abandoning CDs for MP3 players and such. But I hope that CDs stick around for many more years. The sound from an exact copy of a CD is waaaaay better than an MP3. They are relatively easy to take from CD player to CD player, all my cars and many friends cars still have CD players. And they are relatively cheap. But again the sound quality is far superior than streaming off your phone from itunes or mp3.

If your still ripping CD, especially from FLAC, I say give Nero Classic 2015 a try.

Great to get useful feedback like that g725s.

Oh and welcome to the forums. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]