Nero 14 VS Nero 6

vbimport

I’ve been using Nero 6 on XP for many years. I tried Nero 7 years ago when it came out & hated it, & have not checked out any subsuquent releases. I mostly use the burning feature for cd’s that don’t have a cue sheet; recode for very specialized projects (mostly just for trimming if DVD Fab doesn’t work for a given project; used rarely) & showtime as a dvd player (I also have VLC & Full Player). I also use .wav editor; which I really like except that it’s limited to 16/44.

My main burning program is IMGburn, my main “recoding” /dvd authoring program is AVStoDVD.

Would there be any advantage for me to “upgrade” from 6 to 14?

Does 6 run on Win 7?

Well if you are happy with the current tools then you probably dont need to move to nero14.
However if you have the time to spend you might want to try it, and see if it fits you needs.

It’s been a long time since I last used nero 6, but it should work on win7 if not you can always install nero burn 14 or continue using imgburn :wink:

Doing a forum search shows that Nero 6.x doesn’t work on Vista or later. Nero 7 barely worked for Vista, so it was probably 8 or newer required for those OS versions.

Albert is correct Nero 6 won’t work on Vista.
I have Nero 7 on Vista. It seems to work but I don’t use it much.
I probably haven’t given it a complete test.
I haven’t tried Nero 7 on Windows 7 .I don’t plan on trying that.
I still have Nero 6 on an XP Pro OS .

[QUOTE=Albert;2728531]Doing a forum search shows that Nero 6.x doesn’t work on Vista or later. Nero 7 barely worked for Vista, so it was probably 8 or newer required for those OS versions.[/QUOTE]

My mistake then :o.

It is a pity that Nero 6.x doesn’t work on Vista or later. I love windows 7.

[QUOTE=sambalamin;2738601]It is a pity that Nero 6.x doesn’t work on Vista or later. I love windows 7.[/QUOTE]

I agree it bites that it doesn’t work. I’m going to have to “upgrade” to 7 soon from XP, & Nero is the only cd burning software I have that doesn’t require a cue sheet.

I use Imgburn for DVD’s & cd’s with a cue sheet; but it does require a cue for music cd’s afaik.

Nero is blowing 14 out right now for $20. Does anyone know if it will run on XP? It claims it will, but I have hosed XP before running the latest version of disc speed.

On my XP box, anything later then disc speed 5 causes the dvd burner to be seen only as a player. It’s been a while so I don’t remember the exact solution, but it involves re-installing a bunch of software.

The $20 is no big deal, & I may spend it & just keep the software until I get a Win 7 box, but again does anyone know for sure if Nero 14 will play nice with XP? WEhat I don’t want is a hosed XP install.

To resurrect an old thread:

1. I’m still hoping for an answer to the question on the last post.

2. Does anyone know what the difference is between 14 Platinum & 14 standard )in plain English!)?

The $20 sale for standard is back on through Sunday night.

Differences :

Import, edit, export, and convert Ultra HD (4k)
Watch Blu-ray Discsâ„¢ and Blu-ray 3Dâ„¢
1-click transcode and send video content to any connected device or to the cloud
Automatically have your video matched to the rhythm of the music
Automatically match musical mood and duration to your project
Create magic miniature moments with Nero Motion Tilt Shift Effects
Retro Theme Pack

XP SP3 is a supported OS for Nero 2014,so I would expect there are no real issues with it…