Nero 12 - Your experiences

Has anyone here already downloaded the latest version of Nero? They have just released it and I wonder what you think about it.

More information here: http://www.myce.com/news/nero-12-and-nero-12-platinum-released-63997/

Well…I found the 1st bug on my system,and I can reproduce it as much I want…
It’s cosmetic,but if I start the Nero Burning Rom module,and expand the main window manually to my preference,the compilation size bar multiplies itself…

No1 else with this problem?
So far,this only happens when I manually resize the window from the Nero Burning Rom module,every other app seems to work fine.
This is from a windows 7 64 bit with AMD Eyefinity enabled.

For my purposes, Nero 12 follows Nero 10 and 11’s castration of useful services.

But, thanks to Paul and his team’s response to my How To Make A Best-Of DVD Compilation Guide, they did give me a quick response, which was essentially “No, Nero doesn’t do that anymore - we force conversion, not culling.”

I’d spent more than a year digging thru 10 and 11 Platinums to try to understand their new menu’s and vocab’s, so their quick response is a wonderful relief from wasting more of my time. I do appreciate that, and give good-kudo’s to them and their employer.

Our XP boxes with Nero 6 and 7 Ultra loaded will still be kept in good service so we can easily build Best-Of DVDs or segregate out any and all selected “Titles” with checkbox precision without losing chapters, audio or subtitle tracks, etc.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2657002]Our XP boxes with Nero 6 and 7 Ultra loaded will still be kept in good service so we can easily build Best-Of DVDs or segregate out any and all selected “Titles” with checkbox precision without losing chapters, audio or subtitle tracks, etc.[/QUOTE]

I started using nero many years ago,from version 4 up to 7,and to my believe,Nero 5.0.4.8 was still the best version (for cd’s,dvdsupport was non-existant before version 5.5),before Nero became a “full-featured multimedia suite” with version 6.
So I still have serial numbers for some of the old versions around,and will probably set 1 up on a (virtual) XP box,like you did…

I was happy with Nero 8 and 9 and 10 and 11. I cant buy 12, too much money and disc space for me.

I have a free limited version of Nero 9 that came with a DVD drive.
I think it can still do a Best-Of DVD Compilation with menu.
It’s been quite a while since I used it.
My usual method of compilation is DVDShrink to cut out what I want .
Then using TitleWriter to create a simple menu . I even have a small black .jpg
I keep for the menu backgrounds . Then it only has selectable text.
TitleWriter doesn’t encode or transcode the video it just adds the menu .

Bug is gone with the latest update on my win 7 partition…:wink:

So have to ask again since I tossed out Nero 9 reason being when you installed it there was no customizing it or what file extension it used it took all your extensions regardless if you want them left unknown or not to be associated with any problems. So does Nero 12 do this or does it give installers to customize what extension to use beyond those associated with Nero only programs.

I’m not sure but under windows 7 I get better burn results with and old bundled copy of Nero 7 essentials! be interesting to see if your burn performance goes downhill with Nero 12 too

I can’t remember seeing those options during setup

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2668227] So does Nero 12 do this or does it give installers to customize what extension to use beyond those associated with Nero only programs.[/QUOTE]

I still have a lot of extensions associated with other apps…in fact,all those extensions I left unchecked on Nero’s setup stayed that way…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2668535]I still have a lot of extensions associated with other apps…in fact,all those extensions I left unchecked on Nero’s setup stayed that way…[/QUOTE]

So they fixed this stealing of unassociated file extension by Nero in Nero 12 then? Because I do know for fact in Nero 9 it never gives me a custom option to pick and choose what or if I wanted any of my unknown extension or unassociated extension or those already associated with another program to Nero regardless how many times I checked.

In 12 you can select them manually 1 by 1 or select all…or none,by de-selecting the default checked ones…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2668937]In 12 you can select them manually 1 by 1 or select all…or none,by de-selecting the default checked ones…[/QUOTE]

If that is the case I might take another look at Nero 12 as been looking for a program like Nero 6 that could write CD-text to my cds to play in my audio again. Guess they got alot of flak from Nero stealing file extensions that they redid or was force to fix that problem.

I used to like Nero back in V6 and 7,8, even 9 but when it became bigger and more bloated and it included so many things that a lot of users do not use, I started to shy away from it. Using products that were more specific to the chore I had at hand. Nero is a quality company but like all big companies they cannot make everyone happy. I understand that and in turn its my choice whether to upgrade or not. That’s the way I see it.