Nero 12 software latest

Hello:
I have a problem by not knowing which of the below DVD copiers on Nero 12 lets me play the movie that I burned from my hard drive on other players. Does Nero12 have the ability to play on other dvd players. It only plays on my computer.
Which is it used from below: Which boxes must be checked off for the proper one(burn).
DVD ROM(UDf)
DVD COPY
DVD VIDEO
AVCHD™VIDEO
DVD ROM(BOOT)
DVD ROM(ISO)
DVD ROM(UDF/ISO)
DVD ROM(SECUR DISK)

Thanks Gunter

I’m not sure I understand your issue’s description. You listed Nero’s opening menu options for DVD Burning, and then ask about Playing. I THINK I understand your issue, but I’ll start briefly and see if you have follow-up questions…

To create a Video-DVD, I would use Nero’s DVD-VIDEO menu option, and then drag the [I][B]correct [/B][/I]DVD-FileSet into the VIDEO_TS subfolder.

The other DVD-ROM options create various Data DVDs - like backups of computer files.

If you don’t understand what I mean by “correct DVD-FileSet”, note that here and I’ll explain the difference between DVD-FileSets and Video Files.

Thank you
The info was great. I got my disk movie to play on our DVD player

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2677647]I’m not sure I understand your issue’s description. You listed Nero’s opening menu options for DVD Burning, and then ask about Playing. I THINK I understand your issue, but I’ll start briefly and see if you have follow-up questions…

To create a Video-DVD, I would use Nero’s DVD-VIDEO menu option, and then drag the [I][B]correct [/B][/I]DVD-FileSet into the VIDEO_TS subfolder.

The other DVD-ROM options create various Data DVDs - like backups of computer files.

If you don’t understand what I mean by “correct DVD-FileSet”, note that here and I’ll explain the difference between DVD-FileSets and Video Files.[/QUOTE]

What nero version would you recommend?

It would be more suitable for you to describe what services you need or want.

If you’ve used Nero 6 or 7 Ultra - their original ‘suite’ - then the latest versions of Nero’s Suite (10, 11, 12 and the newest 12.5 ‘Platinum’) have a variety of services BUT not all of the ones from 6 or 7 Ultra. Not due to a technical or legal reason, but because Nero elects not to let its customer base use what it once did. These “upgrades” are therefore downgrades in service.

But for those that want whatever Nero 12.5 offers (a lot of video-format conversion tools), then I’d explore their marketing claims and see if those are attractive.

If you want a simple burning tool, there is the free Nero Essentials 10.

I am uncertain if EVERY service in Nero 12.5 Platinum Suite has free alternatives, like the excellent ImgBurn for burning disks, or many other free converter utilities, but I suspect everything that Nero 12.5 offers DOES have a free alternative.

The subjective argument of “what’s better” is always up to the end-user.

I no longer buy Nero Suites because they refuse to continue the valuable services that Nero 6 and 7 Ultra offered. They claim to have gone in a different direction. For me, that direction is downward. I’m not paying to get less and worse services.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2689756]It would be more suitable for you to describe what services you need or want.

If you’ve used Nero 6 or 7 Ultra - their original ‘suite’ - then the latest versions of Nero’s Suite (10, 11, 12 and the newest 12.5 ‘Platinum’) have a variety of services BUT not all of the ones from 6 or 7 Ultra. Not due to a technical or legal reason, but because Nero elects not to let its customer base use what it once did. These “upgrades” are therefore downgrades in service.

But for those that want whatever Nero 12.5 offers (a lot of video-format conversion tools), then I’d explore their marketing claims and see if those are attractive.

If you want a simple burning tool, there is the free Nero Essentials 10.

I am uncertain if EVERY service in Nero 12.5 Platinum Suite has free alternatives, like the excellent ImgBurn for burning disks, or many other free converter utilities, but I suspect everything that Nero 12.5 offers DOES have a free alternative.

The subjective argument of “what’s better” is always up to the end-user.

I no longer buy Nero Suites because they refuse to continue the valuable services that Nero 6 and 7 Ultra offered. They claim to have gone in a different direction. For me, that direction is downward. I’m not paying to get less and worse services.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Christine from GSTHUNDER:
The advice you gave me originally about using NERO 12 worked and I can get things on disk. Thanks a lot.:slight_smile:
It is too bad about Nero group about not giving too much help in their newer programs.:a
Do you know of any programs that are free or reasonable to purchase to copy and make an archival copy of a protected disk.
GSTHUNDER:confused:

I wasn’ sure where to respond, so I in your thread and the reply portion.
Thanks Christine from GSTHUNDER:
The advice you gave me originally about using NERO 12 worked and I can get things on disk. Thanks a lot.
It is too bad about Nero group about not giving too much help in their newer programs.
Do you know of any programs that are free or reasonable to purchase to copy and make an archival copy of a protected disk.
GSTHUNDER

GST, “make copy of archival copy of protected” is a bit inspecific, and I’m not sure I WANT more specific details from you!

However, in this forum’s BURNING SOFTWARE heading, there’s a COPY PROTECT sub-forum. You might read some of those and see if you discover your specific issues already addressed.

nero kinda lost it after 6.3… i’m all for imburn right now.

[QUOTE=satcluj;2689992]nero kinda lost it after 6.3… i’m all for imburn right now.[/QUOTE]

ImgBurn is probably the best burning software out there but I’ve used Nero 12 as well without problems.

[B]Wombler[/B]