NERO 10: problem with AMQR

vbimport

Hello everyone,

My drive is a Plextor Premium II connected to my laptop by USB 2.

It works great except for one thing - it will not work AT ALL on the AMQR setting. Using latest version of Nero, I start the burn at the AMQR setting, there is activity in the burn window for a few seconds, and then all activity in the burn window stops at 7% with a warning message: “command sequence error”.

I did this test several times and used different type/brand of CD rs … but nothing to do. Then I did something smarter… I mean not burning but just simulating: same result, unfortunately.

Rebooted the computer, tried again. No way to let it work!

I did again the same test this time by using the PlextoolsXL professional v 3.16 and shutting down Nero. Everything was just fine.

Rebooted the computer again, tried one more time with Nero 10… and one more time I got the warning message: “command sequence error”.

Just by coincidence (luck!) I got the solution: I tried to run first PlextoolsXL , not burning anything… I just let it run it in the background leaving ON the setting AMQR and nothing else.

Loaded NERO 10 again, burned a cd by AMQR…. And everything was fine this time! It was like if NERO 10 needed a kind of “push” to burn by AMQR method.

Strange! Isn’t it?

One more thing: everybody knows that by AMQR you cannot burn more than 68 minutes into a CD -r 80 minutes and 63 minutes/CD - r 74.
And this another wired thing about Nero 10: if If I simulate the burning, PlextoolsXL tells if I am going to break the limit of 68 minutes, Nero does not!

So, this is something to keep in mind if I want to burn a CD by the combination NERO/AMQR.

Let’s see, Nero10 is a well spread standard burning app.

The Plexwriter is a special burner which should be used with its special software: plextools.

[QUOTE=chef;2560994]Let’s see, Nero10 is a well spread standard burning app.

The Plexwriter is a special burner which should be used with its special software: plextools.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for answering! :slight_smile:

In my opinion Plextools are very good for scanning tests. Not the same for burning… too many missing options (example: dao/96), still too “buggy”, no way to get the windows full screen, etc… etc…

I’d like to keep using Feurio, but the driver database has not been update since 2004.

Probably Mr. Jeng Fangmeier does not know that we are in the year 2010 and a lot of new burners have been produced in the meantime.

Shame on him especially since I am one of the most stupid guy in the world since I bought the sofware in 2000… and today it is only good for the grabage can. :a

I think the popularity of Nero and their marketing strategy made it really not that easy for other programs like Feurio to survive…

[QUOTE=chef;2561019]I think the popularity of Nero and their marketing strategy made it really not that easy for other programs like Feurio to survive…[/QUOTE]

I agree… even if not making new dirvers makes the survival for other programs more difficult than ever…

It is like a dog chasing its tail!

Yeah. :wink:

I just found out that the problem with AMQR is not an hardware problem… it is one more bug of Nero 10.

Going back to Nero 8, nothing happens and it works fine! :doh:

Ouch, seems to me that Nero 6.x maybe was the best nero version ever…

Well… Nero 8 does not seem to work that bad! :slight_smile:

I forgot…

I have been stuck on WinOnCD PE 5 for 12 years.

It was my favorite burning software. Unfortunateley after Roxio bought CeQuadrat , WinOnCD was not updated anymore and Roxio messed up everything making a new software “Roxio Creator” which is heavier than Nero… and it is getting worse year after year :frowning:

Hi there.

I have also had a few problems while testing out Nero 10 and soon switched back to Nero 7.5, Nero 10 seems to have several serious bugs.

Roxio software ISN’T the only software company that is putting out worse and worse software with every generations, in fact most companies do and after they wonder why they’re not as profitable as they used to, of cousre they pressure every one to go fast fast fast and to go fast they cut corners and there you go crappy software, i am a PC tech and i am REALLY disgusted with the way the software industry is going,
aspecially Micro$$$oft who cares more about MONEY than anything else exept to make sure you paid for your copy of Windows and that they have win check on a weekly basis, irregardless fo the amount of times win crashed or if the drivers work or not.

PIB00.

You are right!

I am still here feeling sorry for my old WinOnCD (by CeQuadrat) who was killed by Roxio for that stupid and buggy software “Media Creator” or whatever is called.

I did same anyway, I switched back to Nero 8.

I can confirm that Nero 10 cannot write with AMQR even on my old Yamaha CRW-F1 CD burner.
I obtained the same error message.
If I use Nero 8 and below, I have no problems.

Did anyone tried Nero 8 with AMQR on Win 10, 64-bit? thanks