Nelson Mandela dies

vbimport

A sad day.
1918 - 2013 aged 95, Nelson Mandela dies
One of the greatest statesmen ever to have lived, IMO.

I saw Nelson Mandela speak in Oakland, CA years ago.

Great loss.

Mr Mandela - the world has changed because of you and for the better - Rest In Peace.

It’s a “Sad day” far more if you suffer from Mandelaheimer’s disease, than if you are without that disease.

Frankly I must not have it because I’m unable to forget that he was a Terrorist…

Or that the last eight years of his imprisonment was under "House arrest"
in a nice single family dwelling complete with Central A/C, a swimming pool and servants.

Nelson Mandela was 95 years old and far more of a symbol for the last 20-ish years than any real force for good or evil.

Most people don’t expect to live that long and in that he was fortunate.

Africa is not a “nice place” And many of the people regarded as “Statesmen” have simply not been seen (on camera) killing anyone in the particularly brutal way… (OR at least not recently.) that the ANC was famous for…

Do I really need to explain what Winnie Mandela called a “necktie”?

Thanks I`m glad somone else said that ♥

A great statesman and sad to see him go but he’s also had a phenomenal life with quite literally world changing consequences and his light shone brightly for all of his 95 years.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[B]I watched Obamas about 20 mim Tribute this you tube clip is my fav bit .[/B]

[I]Raining cats and Dogs whole country Best place to be in bed watching and reading internet stuff :bigsmile:[/I]

//youtu.be//46wLTVNiUrI

Just found a new word on the net

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/active/10460260/How-2013-became-the-year-of-the-selfie.html

My Dad Passed away this Morning just after his 90th Birthday :sad:

[B][I]I WILL ALWAYS REMEBER[/I] his words to me as a Teenager
Believe NOTHING you SEE and HALF you HEAR
[/B]:flower:

http://cphpost.dk/news/pm-s-selfie-with-obama-and-cameron-goes-viral.8067.html :confused:

I’m sorry Diane 90 wow there’s no words except I feel for you and you got my prayers

My deep condolences to you and your familiy,Diane.
Even with a blessed age of 90,that’s still too early for those who are left behind…

For Mr. Mandella

RIP
Sorry to hear about father Di

I expressed my sympathies about Di’s dad in the catbox .
I won’t put them in this thread as I agree with AllanDeGroot concerning Mandela .

I think he got credit for the real work a lot of other people behind the scene did.

My condolences, [B]Di[/B].
Sorry to hear about your dad.

[QUOTE=cholla;2712779]
I think he got credit for the real work a lot of other people behind the scene did.[/QUOTE]

From a historical perspective, this is quite often the case, and is nothing too unique to this one situation.

But look hard enough, and at least one history book will tell of all the other people & situations which occurred behind the scenes, so don’t worry. :wink:

[QUOTE=diane7;2712743]
My Dad Passed away this Morning just after his 90th Birthday :sad:
[/QUOTE]

I’m so sorry to hear that Di and you have my sincere condolences. :sad:

90 is a pretty good innings and I had an aunt that lived until she was 94 but it’s still hard to accept when the time comes.

My thoughts are with you all.

[B]Wombler[/B]

A Modern Day Moses. He Freed a Nation. There will never be another Nelson Mandela in our Lifetime.

[QUOTE=diane7;2712743]My Dad Passed away this Morning just after his 90th Birthday :sad:[/quote] I’m sorry Di. My condolencse

[B][I]I WILL ALWAYS REMEBER[/I] his words to me as a Teenager
Believe NOTHING you SEE and HALF you HEAR
[/B]:flower:
Words to live by.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2712858]I’m sorry Di. My condolencse

Words to live by.[/QUOTE]

One Journey Ends. Another one Begins.