Neep Help With Burning Dvd's

vbimport

Hello All,

I’m a COMPLETE newbie when it comes to burning DVD’s. I have a HP Desktop with a CD/DVD burner if that helps. I want to start burning DVD’s and I have no idea where to start.

I currently use Mininova, ISOHunt, and BitLord to download music and movies. The music works fine, but the quality of the movies are sometimes bad (blotchy); and other times I seem to have downloaded something with viruses…which I usually can’t tell if it has or not.

I successfully downloaded Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and I Am Legend so I wanted to use those 2 movies as ‘test dvd’s’ to see if I can burn them or not.

First, I just burned them straight onto a DVD-R using DivX. It didn’t work; then I found out it was because it was still .avi.

Then I downloaded AVI TO DVD 2008 from download.com and convert my movies to dvd before burning. Tried that and it worked but the movies were blotchy and lagged; I also couldn’t have chapters or main menu, etc. etc.

I have no idea what ISO is.

I also downloaded a trial version of Nero 8.0 but don’t know to use it.

I have no idea how to copy ‘copy-protected’ dvd’s but other people can.

Can someone please help me? And maybe give me step by step instructions? I have no idea what software to purchase to convert, copy and burn movies.

I use DVDFab Plat that pretty much covers everything I need to do, here is a link to the guide
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/official-guide-dvdfab-231930/

bean55

i’m checking that out right now, but, do you have any suggestions on what to use to download those movies?

i’m using mininova and isohunt but the quality of the movies aren’t so good.

also, with using this software…are you able to copy ‘copy-protected’ movies?

[quote=gemmerz05;2004196]i’m checking that out right now, but, do you have any suggestions on what to use to download those movies?

i’m using mininova and isohunt but the quality of the movies aren’t so good.

also, with using this software…are you able to copy ‘copy-protected’ movies?[/quote]
If you are using those downloads you cannot post on this forum. Please read the rules again before posting. You can only backup movies you own. If you are using these torrents for copy protected movies you may not discuss it here.:cop:

sorry alan I did not catch that download part,I’ll watch and read more closely

bean55

[quote=bean55;2004230]sorry alan I did not catch that download part,I’ll watch and read more closely

bean55[/quote]
Hi bean55:
I was not quoting your post, you did nothing wrong, but downloaded movies form torrent sites are not legal if it is copyrighted content and will [B]not be discussed here. [/B]Thanks for understanding bean55.

Since both the movies referred to in the original post are copyright and the downloading of them illegal, it’s time this thread was closed.