Neeed Help Quick - BenQ DUW1616L

Hello,

I’m new to the forum.

I’ve been having serious problems with my PC shutting down unexpectedly at various times and need to backup my data so I can wipe my HDD and try an XP reinstall.

I burnt one disc successfully (family pictures and videos), then tried to burn another disc which, unfortunately, didn’t work.

I was attempting to burn a bunch of Ebooks and a few video clips, movies, etc.

After I hit the “burn” button (I’m using a 2006 version of Sonic which came with the burner) I get a program error which says file names are too long, can’t record because of characters, etc.

I’ve never updated this drive in any way, no new firmware or drivers. I just recently installed the drive to begin with. The computer doesn’t even recognize it as being a BenQ DVD drive, it just lists it on my computer as CD drive (E:).

What is happening and what can I do to fix this problem?

Like I said in the beginning of the post, I’m trying to wipe my HDD. If after wiping the HDD, if my computer is still shutting down (abrupt black screen) then I’m going to take it to a computer repair shop.

Please help as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Laz.

P.S.,

I think my computer is shutting down because of an underpowered PSU. It’s a Zumax4000w PSU.

The “file names too long” error is caused by choosing a format which doesn’t support your long file names. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660

Your PC shutting down is likely the result of a hardware or overheating issue. When was the last time you blew all of the dust and dirt out of PC? Likely never…get a can of compressed air and clean all of the fans and heatsinks.