Need your help with 800MB CDs burning!

guys look…i have a simple question but i’m afride there’s no simple answer for it. here it goes…

i have Nero 5.5 and Easy CD Creator 5 platinium.
i have Creative 8X4X32 burner
i have 10 emptey 800MB/90mins CDs

HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD CAN I BURN 750MB FILE INTO 1 800MB CD???

I Realy Realy need ur help…plz help me!
Cheers’

K.Dyer:bow:

Try searching this forum on ‘overburning’

But to give you a brief explanation already:
It depends on the writer. If your writer does not support overburning to this capacity, you will not be able to fit that amount of data onto the CD-R.

Nero should be capable to allow overburning, but again, your writer has to support it.

I suggest searching this forum, much information can be found through that.

It is possible to burn 800 MB with Nero 5.5 but I’m not sure whether your writer supports it.
Perhaps someone else knows that. :o

http://www.feurio.com/English/Writerdb/list_all.shtml

1st of all, thank u all of u who put your time into my prob.

Now that i know that my Burner is caple of burning 800MB cd’s…What Next?

:rolleyes:

next you try how much you can overburn on your system.

put in the 800mb cd and test it with drivespeed (try to overburn to 99:59:99 or something)

then you add in the “expert” preferences of nero that you want to enable overburn. remember this only works when writing Disc At Once (so no Track at once)

This does not only apply to LiteOn drives :smiley:

I Followed the instructions but still, i always get the same message:

“There is not enough space to burn this compilation onto this medium, Please Insert Another medium that provides more space…”

i don’t get it, i did everything as said…any ideas…
:a

Still Not Good…

“There is not enough space to burn this compilation onto this medium, Please Insert Another medium that provides more space…”

:a

Originally posted by Dyer
[B]Still Not Good…

:a [/B]

If you did not get a question by Nero to try overburn , you are still burning in TAO mode and not in DAO mode.

so how can make the switch to DAO mode?

so how can make the switch to DAO mode?

christ almighty … don’t you read any faq’s ?? So you did NOT follow the instructions… you simply didn’t know what they were… then ASK THAT… we don’t bite.

don’t use the nero wizard to make a cd… close the wizard and use the other window.

select normal ; in the first tab make sure the radio button is on “no multisession” and then in the last tab (where you can tick “finalize cd” “simulate” “determine maximum speed” and the rest , there you can select the method of burning.

Are you sure you used “No multisession” and “DAO”?

Another thing… don’t use another topic please… just reply on the original, makes it more convenient.

I’ve merged the two threads.

…sorry for being such a dummy…

but…everything went well on the simulation mode, but when its actully started to burn the disc crushed on 697MB…

do u know what can cause this prob. and how can i solve this?

i see u guys give up with me…

10x anyway for all of your help and patiente.

Cheers’

Dyer
:cop:

[B]…sorry for being such a dummy…

but…everything went well on the simulation mode, but when its actully started to burn the disc crushed on 697MB…

do u know what can cause this prob. and how can i solve this? [/B]

i think you have reached the limit of the writer then