Need Urgent Help On Lightscribe With BenQ1625 + Nero 6

I’ve got all the latest updates available. :rolleyes:

LightScribe API : version 1.4.39.1
Nero 6 Enterprise Edition : version 6.6.0.16
Nero Digital : 3.1.0.16

I’ve also installed the host engine for Lightscribe.
I just can’t get my lightscribe to work. Burnt a data DVD with Nero earlier and had set the design for the CD label. But after writing is completed and labelling of the CD starts, Lightscribe keeps prompting this …

“Lightscribe disc information encoded in the middle of the disc could not be read. Please ensure that the disc is a Lightscribe disc and properly oriented. Clean the disc per the Lightscribe documentation.” :doh:

I’ve checked, the middle encoded part is perfectly clean. The disc is well-oriented with the label face facing down. And yes, it’s a lightscribe-abled DVD+R from Verbatim. Hope somebody here will have a solution. Need to get it figure out by friday in time for a 1-to-1 exchange if the drive is faulty.

Thanks in advance guys! :slight_smile:

What firmware version are you using some of the earlier versions only supported the HP LS DVD+R an update added support for the Verbatim discs.

The latest is BBIA.

Hey, thanks for replying.

Ya, firmware version is the latest too which is BBIA. Anyway, for your info, before I got the DW1625, I am already using Nero 6. Installation from the bundled CD basically just adds in the lightscribe function. After installation of the software, I did a update to their current version, then install the Lightscribe host engine, then the flashing of the firmware. I don’t see anything else I need. .

I’m running AMD64, Windows XP SP2 with sufficient speed, sufficient memory & storage space.

I really don’t know it should be working could it be the Nero Enterprise edition that is a factor maybe it only works on retail/ultra versions ?

Have you tried surething labeler which also supports Lightscribe ?

I think your running XP 32 but to be sure are you running WinXP 32-bit or WinXP 64-bit as I doubt it works if its the XP 64-bit version ?

Is the Lightscribe service set to automatic and started under the services control panel in administrative tools ?

I really don’t know it should be working could it be the Nero Enterprise edition that is a factor maybe it only works on retail/ultra versions ?

That will be too shitty if it ony works on retail/ultra version.

Have you tried surething labeler which also supports Lightscribe ?

I’ll try it later on when I get home. Hope this one works. But it’s weird because the bundled CD comes in NERO. Mmm?

I think your running XP 32 but to be sure are you running WinXP 32-bit or WinXP 64-bit as I doubt it works if its the XP 64-bit version ?

Nope, Mine O/S is 32bit WinXP Pro.

Is the Lightscribe service set to automatic and started under the services control panel in administrative tools ?

Ok, This is one thing that I don’t know of. I’ll see to it when I got home before I get the Surething application. Thanks alot for the advise.

Anybody else with the same problem and has a solution to share? :slight_smile:

If you got a retail BenQ 1625 it should have come with a copy of regular Nero that you can use, just run Nero Start Smart click the flame orb icon and click on the serial number tab.

You can then input a new serial number for your product so put in the one from the CD and see if that works, try testing it with and without the enterprise key present.

That might worth a try. Alright, will try today. Keep my fingers crossed. Will keep you updated. :slight_smile:

If all else fails, uninstall Nero and all related things such as LS support. Then run the Nero Clean tool which you can download from Nero. Reboot and reinstall.

Q.

Ok, some updates. . .

I’ve tried and checked the 2 methods stated by 8T8. Still it didn’t work. So what I did was uninstalled the whole NERO shit and later reinstall the software using the bundle disc. I tried LS the DVD+R, it prompt for a update on something(Can’t remember what). At the same time, a pop-up window gives me a option to choose “Generic” or “Cancel”. It says that choosing Generic will reduce the quality of the print. What the heck, I just click it It worked. For the first time it work. DVD+R was LS-ed. So in order to prove it really works, I decided to try LS on a CD-R but not before I update my NERO **** to the most current version. This time round, it failed me again. Same pieca error message, same pieca crap. I didn’t have time to try out the Surething Software though. (Am too tired. . . ) I’ll do so again tonight. Probably give up on the NERO.

P.S: My OEM Nero is 6.6.0.6, updated was 6.6.0.16. Could it be the updated version doesn’t work?

Did you run the Nero Clean tool after uninstall?

Q.

Yup. I did. I run the General Clean Tool from NERO website.

The LS service checks for updates and is ment to tell you when an update is availalbe I believe that was the pop-up message you first saw though I have never seen it myself.

You dont have Nvidias SW IDE installed by any chance (as it tends to mess with DVD writers) ?

Also have you checked the event log under administrative tools to see if any errors are flagged that might relate to Lightscribe.

I’d try that clean tool & uninstall Nero once more, install the newest LS service from Nero’s site and then install the version of Nero that came on the CD with the drive and see what happens.

Nvidia SW IDE? Is that some drivers?

Anyway, you recommend that I installed the LightScribe before the crappy NERO? :slight_smile: I can try that. . .

Yeah its Nvidia’s IDE driver if you have an nForce motherboard then it might be installed if you dont then its nothing to worry about.

Oh ya. I’m using a nForce3 board. How do I check? Device Manager?

Anyway, I just tried install Surething. . . toy around with it for awhile, realised that it does not have anything options for me to do LightScribe. Weird. :confused:

Open add/remove software, click on Nvidia drivers. select uninstall IDE drivers. From memory so sorry if I forgot the exact wording.

Q.

Mm… I don’t wish to uninstall it first. What if it’s not the Nvidia SW IDE? Anyway, I just run Nero Infotool, it says something like “NVIDIA®nForce™ Performance Driver” under the Driver Information column.

In the properties for the IDE controller does it look anything like below just with nForce 3 instead of 4, if so thats the SW driver and if you want to remove it try the roll back driver function or update the driver and choose “advanced” & “Don’t search I will choose what driver to install” and choose “Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE controller” and that should do it.

Ok. That’s pretty clear. I’ll try it for the last time tonight. If everything fails, I guess I probably send the drive back for a check or possibly an exchange. I still think it’s not a hardware issue but more to a software/configuration conflict. As usual, will keep you guys updated and hope others will benefit from this thread. :iagree:

Ok guys. Good news this time. It definitely have something to do with the Nvidia IDE Driver. I did a clean uninstall of Nero and LightScribe, reboot, roll back my IDE drivers back to Microsoft’s, reboot, resintall the bundled Nero software, reboot again!, and did LS. No nonsense this time. Went right through on the first try! :smiley:

Anyway, thanks 8T8 & Qyngali for helping me out and guiding me along. You guys rock!

P.S: Now that I’ve got my BenQ toasting both sides of the disc, I’m contemplating if I should re-update my IDE driver back to Nvidia now? Heh.