Need upto drivers for 2 blueray drivers for windows7

vbimport

hello everyone co myce, my name is david here in australia. im chasing upto date firmware for 2 lg blueray items 1 is a blueray rom the other is a blueray burner the model numbers are lg -ggc -h20hl this is a blueaay rom, the other is a ggw-h20l blueray burner im wondering if anyone can help me out with the problem i have that is i need upto date drivers for windows7 these worked fine on xp, thankyou david nsw australia .:rolleyes:

Hi and Welcome!

could you please explain more detailled, what is not working?

Latest firmwares could be obtained from here: http://www.lgservice.co.kr/SearchSddr.laf and enter the exact model# into the search form.

Additionally, see if you can get latest drivers for your motherboard chipset and see if that works. Windows Update might help also in such case.

Michael

hi michael ,it doesnt play blueray dvds and doesnt reckongnize them at all the models are as follows ggc -h20l blueray rom,lg ggw h20l thats the blueray burner i think the model you give me is a newer model if i cant get the firmware ive got to buy new burners and roms or go back to xp windows ,thanks david nsw australia

hi michael ,i also cannot understand korean lingo or language. i need english text the lg blueray burners here are worth a small fortune, but australia is the biggest rip off to buy new lg burners etc. some are still $500 to buy ,regards david nsw australia .

[QUOTE=mciahel;2483751]Hi and Welcome!

Latest firmwares could be obtained from here: http://www.lgservice.co.kr/SearchSddr.laf and enter the exact model# into the search form.

Additionally, see if you can get latest drivers for your motherboard chipset and see if that works. Windows Update might help also in such case.

Michael[/QUOTE]
windows update for windows7 does nothing for me i can go back to xp which means reformatting this computer and reinstalling xp pro or buy 2 more lg burners for blueray ,thx david

Hi,[QUOTE=hamguy2;2483864]hi michael ,it doesnt play blueray dvds and doesnt reckongnize them at all [/quote]So, only BluRay playback is affected? Then this could be some issue with the player software.
At the moment, there are free upgrades from Cyberlink for LG-bundled software available: http://club.myce.com/f91/free-updates-lg-oem-cyberlink-software-valid-til-21-jan-2010-a-306014/

[QUOTE=hamguy2;2483865]hi michael ,i also cannot understand korean lingo or language.[/QUOTE]Me neither. But I am still able to enter the model name into the box left of the “search” button :wink:

Buying another drive is no option since your hardware is not faulty.

Michael

hi michael, i have power dvd 9 here it wont play in power dvd 9 ok ,im not sure but ill try anything otherwise ill be shotting these 2 roms and buying differnt brand ones or going back to xp,thx david

i wish these microsoft people would supply all the drivers same as the people who manufacture all of these burners etc ,thx david

Hi,

there is still not enough information to narrow down your issue.
If it is only the BD playback with that Cyberlink software, then there is no need to buy another drive since this won’t help at all. Instead, you may uninstall your player software and try another one, some examples to try out are listed here: http://club.myce.com/f142/blu-ray-playback-software-do-you-recommend-269658/

[QUOTE=hamguy2;2483874]i wish these microsoft people would supply all the drivers same as the people who manufacture all of these burners etc ,thx david[/QUOTE]What drivers?

Michael

each rom senses a blueray disc and power dvd comes up for 1 sec orso then it closes you try to open it up and it opens for 1 second orso then it closes ,also the play option is not available on it thats power dvd etc its like the eject option is available etc but the play is not available for some unknown reason, thx david

hi that 90mb file failed here it says its power dvd 8 etc and it aborted ,looks like i only have 2 options left go back to xp or buy 2 new differnt brand br drives ,thx david nsw australia

[QUOTE=mciahel;2483751]Hi and Welcome!

Michael[/QUOTE]
hi michael, i fixed it it cost me $60.00 but i purchased the latest version of power dvd 9 ok. the power dvd i was running was a cracked version from the net ok ,i deleted the cracked and installed the new powerdvd 9 and now everythings working hd dvd blueray the lot. i have hd dvd going and blueray here now on windows7, thx david nsw australia :disagree:

Hi everyone !

hamguy2 , is your Windows 7 a 32 or a 64 edition ?