Need True Lite On 52X F/W

I Need Lite On 52X F/W. The true Lite On Version that has been extracted out of a Lite On. Not the modded Merorex F/W that I already have. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction. Is the on from alexnoe a true one?

The one in my firmware collection is the same as Dyzan’s and (hopefully :p) a true one.

Dyzan did not have the real one until recently. Ian from cdrlabs just extracted it from his and put it up for download. Dyzan’s 6S02 is now the real thing supposedly.

You could try D/L the executable flash from Lite-On’s firmware page, and LiteFirm 2.0 binary extractor from Dyzan’s Firmware Page. This is what I did for my 40125S -> 48125S.

Jepp. 6S02 is the real thing now. But there was no big diference between Memorex and Lite-On. Realy smal diference. I would say. Only some strings may differ…

/Dyzan

Thanks a million! This forum and cdrlabs formum are the best!
:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Dyzan
[B]Jepp. 6S02 is the real thing now. But there was no big diference between Memorex and Lite-On. Realy smal diference. I would say. Only some strings may differ…

/Dyzan [/B]

I’m not so sure about that. My Memorex drive came with ‘6WS2’ as the firmware release. The Nero Info utility reported the following:

Write: 40x
Read: 8x

WTF??? Memorex underclocked this drive. After flashing my Memorex to Lite-On firmware release ‘6S02’ - The following readings are present with Nero Info.

Write: 52x

Your thoughts??

Originally posted by wje
[B]
I’m not so sure about that. My Memorex drive came with ‘6WS2’ as the firmware release. The Nero Info utility reported the following:

Write: 40x

WTF??? Memorex underclocked this drive. After flashing my Memorex to Lite-On firmware release ‘6S02’ - The following readings are present with Nero Info.

Write: 52x

Your thoughts?? [/B]

You need to put a pressed cd of some kind in your drive. InfoTool always reports funky stuff…

Originally posted by dhc014

Dyzan did not have the real one until recently.

LOL. The FW that is digitally signed by LiteOn cannot be unreal…
You should have known that.
It’s like saying if the TDK or Memorex drives ( w the LiteOn hardware inside ) weren’t real

Originally posted by BoSkin

LOL. The FW that is digitally signed by LiteOn cannot be unreal…
You should have known that.
It’s like saying if the TDK or Memorex drives ( w the LiteOn hardware inside ) weren’t real

Simply technicalities. You know what I meant.