Need tons of software help

I need something other than Sonic MyDVD. I have a 4.7 GB disc, I don’t want to be limited by only being able to burn 60 minutes because MyDVD automatically converts all avi files to “Best” quality. Can someone show me some software that lets me use the full four hours a DVD-R is capable of when putting avis onto it?

I have Nero, but that doesn’t seem to work either. Some crap about needing the disc to already be formatted.

Ok, I’ll admit I’m totally new at all this. Just got my DVD-RW drive. All I know is that I have 9 movie files (about 15 minutes long each) I want to burn to a DVD-R disc to play in a set-top DVD player. Sonic MyDVD only lets me do an hour, so I get 4 movies on. Ulead doesn’t read avi’s (only mpg’s), and Nero doesn’t even seem to be burning a DVD video disc, it looks like it’s just a data dvd considering I don’t do anything with customizing my menues, and the files just kind go on the disc, and the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders stay empty.

On the back of the DVD-R case I have, it says I can get 4 hours if I record in LP mode.

I tried some GEAR PRO thing but I tried to put a video file in and it says “required VIDEO_TS not found in directory” or something like that. It’s like I need some special format files to even burn a DVD video disc, and I can’t figure out why the hell they aren’t there.

This is what Nero tells me when I try to burn a DVD - Video disc.

UDF/ISO compilation
7:21:18 PM #1 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 825
Required file ‘VIDEO_TS.IFO’ is not present

7:21:18 PM #2 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 825
Required file ‘VIDEO_TS.BUP’ is not present

7:21:18 PM #3 Phase 117 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1574
DVD-Video files compliance test failed

7:21:27 PM #4 Text 0 File Scsicmd.cpp, Line 402
SCSI not using temporary buffers
20 out of 20 temporary buffers allocated