Need to upgrade Nero Ultra

vbimport

Hi all,

Alas it is bye bye to Nero Ultra 6.6.1.15. I had to upgrade to a new machine and it will not work on my AMD 64 bit quad core with Vista. (on clearance and no Win 7 included).

Previously I learned there were mixed feelings about Nero Ultra 7,8, or 9 when I queried about the upgrading a year ago (pre new machine). I loved the capabilities of v6.6.1.15. Which now is best? I can still get 8 or 9 for sure and probably a 7 is avail. Recoding and image buring is important to me. as is converting camcorder and /or vhs to dvd.

Which is best.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=dashman;2511792]Hi all,

Alas it is bye bye to Nero Ultra 6.6.1.15. I had to upgrade to a new machine and it will not work on my AMD 64 bit quad core with Vista. (on clearance and no Win 7 included).

Previously I learned there were mixed feelings about Nero Ultra 7,8, or 9 when I queried about the upgrading a year ago (pre new machine). I loved the capabilities of v6.6.1.15. Which now is best? I can still get 8 or 9 for sure and probably a 7 is avail. Recoding and image buring is important to me. as is converting camcorder and /or vhs to dvd.

Which is best.

Thanks.[/QUOTE] Nero 10 is the best, all the programs are in a separate format so you can install just what you need , it works great.

I’ve been using 10 here as well and it seems very nice in win7 32 bit. A few things kinda react weird if you finish a job and try to hit a button to do something else but it seem to work as well as 7 did for me and the button thing maybe just something I’m doing wrong so far.
If I restart whatever I’m having issues with it runs just fine again and I complete whatever it was.
Convert video option now has a main movie only option that works nicely I didn’t see anywhere in version 7.
One of their main guys told me they really worked Nero over after the issues with the last few versions and they think users will like it much better and it’s less of a resource hog now too.
Anyways I like it and it’s similar to all the other versions so you wont have to relearn everything to use this one.

Did you try running Nero Ultra 6.6.1.15 in WinXP mode? I’ve read other threads where some Vista users were able to use Nero Ultra 6.6.1.15 by running in WinXP mode.

Thanks all. I’m looking into version 10 of Nero. Is that the “Multimedia Suite”? or is there an Ultra edition?

I am intrigued by XP Mode in Vista for 6.6.1.15. Please explain. i don’t see anything in Help.

I have no experience with Vista, but in WinXP you can right click the executable file, select properties, click compatibility tab and check “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and then select from drop down which compatibility mode is desired. I suspect the procedure should be similar in Vista since some in other threads have reported using XP compatibility mode to run Nero 6 in Vista.

Thanks all. I decided to go with Nero 10.