Need to restart computer for each burn

vbimport

I use latest versions ofCloneDVD & AnyDvd. I have no problems with Burns when I first start up computer BUT if I go to Burn new movie both CD & DVD drive don’t read new DVD.

I have to restart the computer & everything burns great.

I do notice that I get message when I go to restart the computer that ccapp program was still running and I press end program & I am fine after shut down for another Burn.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled porgrams several times.

Any suggestions. Thanks in advance. Jack

I have a similar problem where the ccapp prog freezing up…It does not affect my CloneDVD prog, but it does slow down my system…I believe the ccapp is tied in with Norton Antivirus somehow…when I shut down ccapp NA also shuts down…it’s also a mystery to me.

The ccApp process can be part of Norton Antivirus, or can be there because of a virus. SeePacman’s Startup List . Do you use Norton Antivirus ??

I don’t think it’s wise to have any antivirus program running when burning, I never even have any screensaver running on my computer.

Whenever I burn, I go into msconfig, then startup tab, then disable everything there, I then reboot and there are no programs to interfere and cause a conflict.
To simplify things I went into the registry and deleted any program entries I do not want in the startup tab, this way it’s less confusing of what is and what is not running. When I disable, I simply click disable all, and do the same for enabling, speeds things up considerably.
Too many programs put entries in the startup tab that are a waste of resources, you may not use that program for a year, but it will start up and drain your resources as well as becoming a potential conflict with other software.

If you use the msconfig method and are not too computer savvy, I suggest you write down all the boxes that are checked before disabling, then when you enable again just check those and your system will behave as it did before.

DO NOT GO INTO THE REGISTRY IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING, YOU CAN RENDER YOUR SYTEM USELESS AND MAY NEED A FRESH WINDOWS INSTALL.

For those of you with low memory resources, this procedure will free up memory.

I’m having this same problem… I started, like many others that I’ve spotted, to experience dvd burning slowdown… and now I have to restart before I can burn another DVD… CD burning works like a charm… can anyone help?

@ humanflycb,

Welcome to the Forum.

Suggest viewing the CD Freaks Forum Rules (http://club.cdfreaks.com/announcement.php?f=74&announcementid=37) and note the comments concerning Double Posting. You have Double Posted in the CD Freaks CloneDVD Forum and also in CD Freaks Newbie Forum. Double posting is against Forum Rules, doesn’t get your inquiry answered any quicker, causes confusion and is discourteous to Forum Members who respond to your posting.

Have you ensured that you have curtailed ALL Multi-Tasking background operations while AnyDVD-CloneDVD is activated? Also have you ensured that you don’t have any invasive Anti-Virus and Packet Writing programs running while the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software program is activated?

The following are examples of packet writing software programs –> Sonic DLA, Nero InCD, NTI FileCD, Roxio DirectCD/Drag-To-Disc, CE Quadrant Just!Burn, Sony abCD, InstantWrite, Backup4all, B’s Clip, NeoClip, InstantBurn. This is not an extensive complete list, there are numerous others. If you have any Packet Writing Software Programs installed strongly suggest to completely removing them from your computer.

To ensure that all background operations are in fact curtailed check that ALL unnecessary programs are not automatically loaded during Window Startup. To check this suggest viewing the below Web Link that details how to use MSCONFIG to configure Windows Startup to load only necessary items. You will be surprised at all the unnecessary Memory and Resource wasting items that are automatically loaded during Windows Startup. Quite possibility you have some unnecessary item automatically loaded during Windows Startup that you are unaware of that could be interfering with the popper operation of AnyDVD-CloneDVD that causing your problem.

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

Also have you ensured you don’t have invasive SpyWare inadvertently installed on your computer? Suggest visiting Spybot Search & Destroy (http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html).

Best Regards,
bjkg