Need to make files like axxo's

vbimport

I bought a mediagate 450 and need to back up my dvd’s to xvid, so i can get them all on the 500 gig hard drive. I have tried a few of the profiles in fab 4 and fab 5 mobile but they don’t work, some no pick just sound, some no sound, the ones that have both sound and pic are way out of sync. Please point me in the right direction before i have to try everyone. The files i download from axxo work perfect, so I would love to be able to make mine just like his. THANKS

Make sure you have the latest version (5.0.9.8) of DVDFab. Which profile are you using? What are the file requirements of the mediagate? Test the files with VLC Media Player. The Generic xvid+audiocopy, xvid+MP3 and other xvid+AAC profiles all work perfectly for me, played back on cellphone, Archos 504 and on my PC with VLC.

I have 5090. tried mp4 h264 acc , and avi xvid h264 mp3. one had no video in vlc and the other was way out of synic. Will try the 2 you sugested, THanks

[QUOTE=Donewell;2134242]I have 5090. tried mp4 h264 acc , and avi xvid h264 mp3. one had no video in vlc and the other was way out of synic. Will try the 2 you sugested, THanks[/QUOTE]

You should try the generic.xvid.avi.audiocopy profile. This will retain the DD5.1 sound and give you good video.

I am fairly sure that the Mediagates do not support H264 profiles, only H263.

Download GSpot or MediaInfo and inspect the files from AXXO to get on the right track.

A few other tips…

Use 720 x XXX Resolution
Use around 100 Bitrate
Use smae FPS as original