Need to know which burner and which media

Wanting to know the best combination of drive and disc for lowest C1 &C2 error rates.

Which Media and which drive give the best results together?

I’ve been running a small commercial recording facility for the last 20 years.
Lately I have had Masters sent back from duplication facilities saying that the error rate was too high to proceed. So I’m looking to upgrade my burn drive and start buying a better CD for sending masters out on. I’m running a PC with the latest XP, not Vista.

My C1 errors are up and down doing back to back burns. I’m using Sony CD Architect for my final mastering and burning of the final master.

Thanks so much,

Chris

The media is fairly easy to pick out. The best cds available these days are made by Taiyo Yuden, and can be bought online at a variety of stores such as rima.com and supermediastore.com if you are in the US.

Are you looking for a drive with the older style IDE/PATA interface, or a SATA drive?

I keep up with dvd burning more than cds, but one of the latest Sony/Optiarc drives would be a good choice. The 7200a for an IDE interface drive and the 7200s or 7240s for SATA. Newegg.com, mwave.com and zipzoomfly.com, directron.com are some of the sites to look for them (again these are US stores). Let us know if you are located in another country.

As alternatives, you might consider the Pioneer 117 or 217 depending on which interface you prefer.

Your best option is to send DDP files to the replicator instead of a playable disc.

Even if you burn on the best media with the best drive and use the best software… the replicator might have a shitty drive when trying to read your disc. Just convert to DDP (industry standard for replication) and send them the files electronically. For the past few years this has been the standard (preffered) method of sending masters. If your replicator does not support DDP, you need to find an up to date replicator.

RM

(edit)
Sorry. I just noticed that you said ‘duplication facilities’. Are you getting pressed replicas or CD-R/RWs back? If not pressed replicas, then ignore what I suggested.

[QUOTE=RichMan;2304616]Your best option is to send DDP files to the replicator instead of a playable disc.

Even if you burn on the best media with the best drive and use the best software… the replicator might have a shitty drive when trying to read your disc. Just convert to DDP (industry standard for replication) and send them the files electronically. For the past few years this has been the standard (preffered) method of sending masters. If your replicator does not support DDP, you need to find an up to date replicator.

RM

(edit)
Sorry. I just noticed that you said ‘duplication facilities’. Are you getting pressed replicas or CD-R/RWs back? If not pressed replicas, then ignore what I suggested.[/QUOTE]

I would like to do DDP files but can’t find an affordable software that will do that. Any suggestions for software. Yes, I’m doing replications.

Thanks,
Chris