Need to know what this DVD drive is

vbimport

I am having a problem with my laptop burner.

I need to find some sort of firmware update so I can play my dvd’s I brought with me from the states ( I used to live in upstate NY, and I now live in Ireland)

I know my drive is region locked but I don’t know the exact model of the drive so I can find the right software.
My laptop is a Toshiba Satilite pro p200 and the in the device manager this comes up for the dvd drive model HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N WT03

If I have broke any tos I am truly sorry. I have tried reading help pages etc but to be honest its all gobbledygook to me. I don’t want to kill my drive by getting the wrong firmware. So any help you guys can give I would be grateful.
Thank you

[QUOTE=Seraphyn;2102555]I am having a problem with my laptop burner.

I need to find some sort of firmware update so I can play my dvd’s I brought with me from the states ( I used to live in upstate NY, and I now live in Ireland)

I know my drive is region locked but I don’t know the exact model of the drive so I can find the right software.
My laptop is a Toshiba Satilite pro p200 and the in the device manager this comes up for the dvd drive model HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N WT03

If I have broke any tos I am truly sorry. I have tried reading help pages etc but to be honest its all gobbledygook to me. I don’t want to kill my drive by getting the wrong firmware. So any help you guys can give I would be grateful.
Thank you[/QUOTE]
Have you tried Nero to identify the drive?

DVDIdentifier is a free download that will tell what the drive is if you don’t have Nero.

[QUOTE=Seraphyn;2102555]I am having a problem with my laptop burner.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

That drive is a GSA-T20N model (as the name suggests, hehe) drive, made by LG.

The LG website (UK) doesn’t seem to have any firmware for it, so you may have to check Toshiba’s site. :slight_smile:

Edit: If you can’t find any RPC1 (region-free) firmware for it, you can also run something like AnyDVD in the background, to view your discs.