Need to go back to old Firmware

Hello There,

I have a problem! I “F” up and updated two of my Blu-Ray Players. Now when
I go to watch some of my backup’s of movies I own I get the Cinavia error.

Is there any place I can find the old firmware? I looked all day yesterday for nothing.

If I can find it how would I get them to roll back the firmware?

My Players are Sony BDP-S480 and BDP-S380

Thank you

nobodys hacked these firmware yet?

As far As I know Sony’s mandate is to have all their players infected with Cinavia protection. Once you have done the update there is no return.

:cool::cool:

when there is a will there is a way. I just need to find an old firmware first.

I found the old firmware… time to fid a good code guy to make it look like a newer firmware. Or is there a way I can erase the current firmware?

People have tried to revert back to factory default settings with no success. Even if you mange to get back to that point, your ability to play future Blu-ray titles will slowly diminish because firmware updates will be required to play them. As of right now circumventing Cinavia protection for the average joe is not attainable. There have been workarounds discovered but they are by no means perfect and do not totally eradicate it.

:cool::cool:

I have a couple of total geeks at work looking into this now. “F” I wish I would have not updated my BDP-S480. This Cinavia stuff sucks. My MIB3 disc already has a small scratch on it. I might just try to find an old player on Craig’s List and ask if the firmware has ever been updated.

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2667101]People have tried to revert back to factory default settings with no success. Even if you mange to get back to that point, your ability to play future Blu-ray titles will slowly diminish because firmware updates will be required to play them. As of right now circumventing Cinavia protection for the average joe is not attainable. There have been workarounds discovered but they are by no means perfect and do not totally eradicate it.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

My in-laws have a 2007 era Sony that has never been updated and it still works fine.

I am checking eBay and Craig’s list but it looks like the word on Cinavia is getting out and old players are selling