Need to backup Mercedes DVD Navigation

vbimport

I have the original Mercedes DVD Navigation.
I used Clone CD and burned it on a dual Layer DVD
but it did not work.
Any help,please
Thanks

Welcome bballfreak,

start this thread for a backup of your navigation disc.

Contact me and I will assist you to create BU disc.

[QUOTE=bballfreak;1694388]I have the original Mercedes DVD Navigation.
I used Clone CD and burned it on a dual Layer DVD
but it did not work.
Any help,please
Thanks[/QUOTE]

@tncle
Why don’t you just share your knowledge openly ?
btw. the question is more than two years old.

I understand your comments there but it is the copyright issues.
If you have the DVD decrypt software, you can decrypt it first then copy to make backup DVD.
Please be tolerable with my reply.
I have problem with the update version of the new map. Where can we share the latest map w/o buying update every year from MB?
Thanks

Please use Explore to see that the content in the disc is not huge, the whole disc can be placed in a CD, no need to put on DVD but you can use DVD if you wish. My 2008 disc is only 376 MB.
Good luck.

[QUOTE=tncle;2472164]I have problem with the update version of the new map. Where can we share the latest map w/o buying update every year from MB?
[/QUOTE]You misconstrue the purpose of this forum.
Please have another look into the forum rules to make you understand this isn’t tolerable:
http://club.myce.com/f34/announcement-rules-forum-some-tips-guidelines.html

point taken.
Thanks Terramex.

[QUOTE=tncle;2472164]I understand your comments there but it is the copyright issues.
If you have the DVD decrypt software, you can decrypt it first then copy to make backup DVD.
Please be tolerable with my reply.
I have problem with the update version of the new map. Where can we share the latest map w/o buying update every year from MB?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I used DVD decrypt and then burnt it on the DVD.
it won’t read.
the orginal reads OK.
any ideas?
is there a specific brand of DVD I need to use?

Dear BBallfreak,
It worked for me and i have used the copied disc in the command system for my GPS, keep the original at home for safe keeping.
I only used normal disc, no specific brand as I think they are made the same.
I don’t know why it did not work for you.
Try to shrink it after decrypting it before you burn it on the new disc.
Good luck.

Gentlemen, I own a 2008 ML Mercedes Benz with an Alpine head unit which is programmed to read the Navteq North America discs. The navigation data for Alpine headunits in Mercedes vehicles, however, does not include the Puerto Rico maps.

Alpine does have navigation data covering Puerto Rico for other non-Mercedes systems, but for some reason the map data for this small island does not fit into the disc developed for Mercedes, i.e. the North America disc is full, they claim.

Does anyone know if the data for Puerto Rico could be purchased somewhere else so I could then burn a hybrid disc with that data, omitting perhaps the data for Hawaii (since I cannot drive to Hawaii from here). The Hawaii data is in a different folder within the disc and probably could be easily deleted.

I contacted MB and Alpine to see if they would do this for the hundreds of Mercedes owners here who have alpine headunits with navigation but who cannot use all their car’s features, but both companies simply say they have no plans to include the Puerto Rico maps. Alpine privately said it is really a Mercedes decision. Can anyone out there please help me. (My only alternative at this point seems to trade in my 2008 ML for a 2009 or later model which has a headunit manufactured by another supplier, but that would set me back many thousands of dollars.)

Hi and Welcome!

perhaps a mobile navigation thingy like one of these TomToms is the least troublesome option.

Michael

I know. Actually I do have a Nuvi and thay are pretty good. I’m just very frustrated that my car does not do everything it ought to, let alone for which I paid as well.

I’m willing to invest time and effort in trying to solve this. If I can’t solve the problem, I’ll just have to shell out the money (and lots of it) and get a 2012 ML. And that may not be anytime soon…

[QUOTE=tncle;2471262]Contact me and I will assist you to create BU disc.[/QUOTE]

Hello there,
I have been downloading all kind of programs and no luck , can you help me make a back up for my nav disk please? tell what softwares and step please , Thanks