Need to author .ASX videos

vbimport

I have 3 short .asx videos on my hdd that I want to burn to dvd. I’ve been using DVD Flick (v. 1.3.0.7 build 738) + ImgBurn for all of my other needs but they don’t seem to support .asx files. Is there another free or trial option? Btw, the videos will be watched on my home theater TV, not the computer. Thanx!

How large are the files? From a bit of Googling, it seems .asx files are shortcuts to streaming media files, usually in the form of .wmv or .asf files.

If the files you have are larger than a few kbs, then you may have .wmv files that have the wrong file extension stuck on them. If that is the case, you can rename them with the .wmv file extension. Copy one, then rename it and see if it works.

If they are just links, you’ll need something that records streaming video.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2494354]How large are the files? From a bit of Googling, it seems .asx files are shortcuts to streaming media files, usually in the form of .wmv or .asf files.

[/QUOTE]

The size ranges from 11.3 mb to 14.1. I Googled “asx video converter” after posting here and the first result is for Crystal Software’s Video To MPEG Converter. I’m going to try renaming one to .wmv and another to .asf and see how Flick reacts.

I renamed 2 of the .asx files to .asf and the third to .wmv and Flick gives me a window that says:

“The audio format 0x0075 in file xxxxxx.wmv [or .asf] is currently unsupported. It will not be added to the project.”

I wonder if I can d/l the videos again and rename them to .wmv at that time or will that even make a difference?

Update: I tried Any Video Converter but it was unable to find my .asx videos (yes, I had selected “All files”). I uninstalled AVC and then tried the AVS Video Converter but they wanted like $60 bucks for a program that I will use only a couple of dozen times in my life. AVS had a free trial but the outputted (?) image will have a centered watermark.

I need recommendations for a totally free converter that can work with .asx/streaming videos. Surely there is one out there?