Need something to clean Epson print heads

vbimport

I have an Epson Artisan 50 and lately the print quality is not so good I think I need to clean the print head can anyone recommend a good print head cleaning product?

In my experience when epson print heads start getting clogged they are on their way out. If you’ve had it for several years consider replacing it. Just my opinion, maybe someone else will chime in.

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2480996]I have an Epson Artisan 50 and lately the print quality is not so good I think I need to clean the print head can anyone recommend a good print head cleaning product?[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is what you are looking for. :iagree:

[B]Printhead Ink Solvent and Purge Solution[/B]
http://www.printonadime.com/inventory/item.php?item_id=49

thanks I ordered some cleaning solvent from the stylus printers since the print heads look about the same, its not even a year old but I do a lot of printing with it, printed about 100 discs and DVD case cover art for all of them, I am hoping I just burnt through so much ink that it is just clogged

Be careful when doing the automated cleaning process, if the nozzels are clogged the aggressive cleaning process may burn out the print head. Some people don’t understand that and they run the head cleaning process 10-20 times and that just wastes ink and burns out the nozzel.

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2481362]its not even a year old but I do a lot of printing with it, printed about 100 discs and DVD case cover art for all of them, I am hoping I just burnt through so much ink that it is just clogged[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm…I wouldn’t think any more printing than that should cause the print heads to clog
up that bad as I’ve printed several hundred discs and covers something like probably close to
300+ discs and covers with my RX595 in about one and a half months. It has run through about
4 self head cleanings in that length of time and the amount of discs/covers printed.

I guess the main question I have is [B]what kind of ink have you been using in it[/B] :confused: If you have
been using any of those cheap compatible cartridges that could be the cause of the heads being
clogged up that bad. I use a CISS system and one brand of ink from the same seller with mine no
compatible cartridges for me not after the bad experience a friend had with compatible cartridges
and a R200 same as you clogged/burned out print heads after printing only a few discs.

I have been using Epson ink ordered it from thier website when I run out, also didn’t even see an option for print head cleaning anywhere and figured it was just removed.

my printer did ship with the lower volume carts and when I reordered I ordered the larger volume carts

[QUOTE=MrPete1985;2481487]I have been using Epson ink ordered it from thier website when I run out, also didn’t even see an option for print head cleaning anywhere and figured it was just removed.

my printer did ship with the lower volume carts and when I reordered I ordered the larger volume carts[/QUOTE]

Well you should be alright on the ink part then but it still shouldn’t be that clogged up at least
I wouldn’t think so anyway so maybe you have a defective printer with bad print heads. :confused:

Ok went on the epson website and figured out how to do the head cleaning now it seems only the black is having a problem now and my software is telling my the black is just about empty to I ordered some more I’ll let you guys know how it turns out, thanks for all the advice

think that may be the only problem lol

Hopefully it will turn out alright when you get the new ink let us know
how it goes. :iagree: