NEED some noob help

i was making a movie on windows movie maker, but since it sucks ass and closes down all the frikkin time I need some advice on what software to use.
hopefully free. I just need to put some .avi clips together with some pictures and add some music.
thanks all, take care

I have rarely heard of anyone having problems with WMM. Can you be more specific on your problem?

Locking up during encoding can be due to power supply problems, heat problems, lack of memory, and others…

What are your system specs? What are the steps that you are taking?

As for other softwares, there are dozens and dozens. Convertx2dvd, Virtualdub, FAVC, etc… You can go to www.videohelp.com/tools, and find tons of information. But if there is a problem with your system, no software is going to work like you want. So be more specific with your problem…

[QUOTE=harley2ride;1927395]I have rarely heard of anyone having problems with WMM. Can you be more specific on your problem?

Locking up during encoding can be due to power supply problems, heat problems, lack of memory, and others…

What are your system specs? What are the steps that you are taking?

As for other softwares, there are dozens and dozens. Convertx2dvd, Virtualdub, FAVC, etc… You can go to www.videohelp.com/tools, and find tons of information. But if there is a problem with your system, no software is going to work like you want. So be more specific with your problem…[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem with Windows Movie maker. It has something to do with Xvid and or DivX. If you have one of those installed (I dont remember which), WWM will crash.

[QUOTE=Jack Hass;1927514]I have the same problem with Windows Movie maker. It has something to do with Xvid and or DivX. If you have one of those installed (I dont remember which), WWM will crash.[/QUOTE]

Typical micro$oft paranoia…