Originally posted by M4D
[B][I]Just out of curiosity and for info on future firmware
updates ext ext.
Whats the difference between - 451S - 851S - 812S writers
What hardware, Firmware, Software differences are there between
the three And which one would rate the best all round copier between them ?
I was gonna buy the 812S but when i went to the store they had only the 851S so i bought that.
I know the difference between the 812S and 851S is 8X -R but nothing else.[/I] [/B]
* 451/851/812 all have the same hardware
* 812's FW doesn't support bitsetting yet
* 812 does 8x -R (but you knew that)
* As for quality differences in how the 812 firmware burns, that's not easily answered since people have different experiences. Plus, there's already enough variation between the firmwares for one drive type that a comparison won't really be meaningful.
* As for other drive features, like reading and copy protection, they're all the same.
There really isn't a big difference... well, except for 8x -R, which, for many, is a big difference.