Need some input on software

vbimport

I want to get either “Acoustica” or “Sure thing”. I want to add my own jpeg photos as both Backgrounds and as an additional photo or photos, such as a collage, on the disk when I want to. The software supplied with my printer allows the background but not a picture on the disk. The options for text on the disk are also very limited. I know I can use the software to test them for a limited time but I’m looking for some input from the forum members.

I use both. However my personal preference is by far SureThing, Using at this moment while viewing the forum as a matter of fact.

The software that my printer came with is “Sure thing” but I’m sure it’s a cut down version. Which makes me wonder if the full version would be any better.

[QUOTE=Raised Grain;2156508]The software that my printer came with is “Sure thing” but I’m sure it’s a cut down version. Which makes me wonder if the full version would be any better.[/QUOTE]

What printer?

Don’t get upset at me CDan. HP D5345. I should have listened to all the comments about the poor software supplied by HP. It prints very good on DVDs but the software sure isn’t like my R800.

I was not aware that they had switched to 3rd party software. You should be able to upgrade that OEM version to a full retail version with a discount. Check in the help menu of the software. It may just require a license key to unlock it. I’ve never heard of disc print software that didn’t allow both setting a background image and inserting more images or graphics. Worse case you could create your labels in PhotoShop and import the finished image into the software.

[QUOTE=CDan;2156767]I was not aware that they had switched to 3rd party software. You should be able to upgrade that OEM version to a full retail version with a discount. [B][U]Yes I can.[/U][/B] Check in the help menu of the software. It may just require a license key to unlock it. I’ve never heard of disc print software that didn’t allow both setting a background image and inserting more images or graphics. Worse case you could create your labels in PhotoShop and import the finished image into the software. [U][B]I already checked it out and as far as I can tell there is no capability to add a photo on top of the background. Background and some text. That’s it. Very, very basic.[/B][/U] [/QUOTE]
[U][B]Thanks for the reply though.[/B][/U]

Leave it to HP to come up with a 3rd party software that’s just as bad as the HP software was. :rolleyes:

I’d just go for the SureThing upgrade. Most everyone here really likes it.

That right there is enough to keep me using Epson. I never had anything but trouble from HP printers. The Epson software works fine for almost everything I’ve ever tried to do.