Need some help with SH-S203B Sb01

vbimport

I have a SAMSUNG|SH-S203B sb01 DVD Burner and I’ve realized I can’t burn anything. I can read just fine, but wen I tried to burn something to a disk, nada. I’ve tried a few different programs,burning to CD and DVD, and they all error out, or sit there like they’re burning to the disk, but nothing happens.

It’s possible I installed the wrong driver for it. However, I’m not sure how to remove the current driver and add the one I know is the right one. I also can’t check the driver version. When I look at the properties under devise manager the version numbers are nowhere close to the manufacturer’s number.

Anyway, anyone have any ideas?

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

The culprit can be the media. If you use a very low quality disc, the drive can refuse to burn it.

Check that all cables are connected properly. Check also that you have a powerful enough PSU.

Check also if DMA is enabled :slight_smile:

About drivers, don’t worry: Windows (I imagine that you are using Windows) already installed all necessary drivers :slight_smile:

Hi,

the most important question is:
What Sata controller are you using, and how is it configured? Also, the drivers that are used for the controller might be an issue, but at first, we need to know about the hardware your drive is connected to.

Michael

[quote=mciahel;2041200]Hi,

the most important question is:
What Sata controller are you using, and how is it configured? Also, the drivers that are used for the controller might be an issue, but at first, we need to know about the hardware your drive is connected to.

Michael[/quote]

From Everest ultimate:

IDE Controller NVIDIA MCP55 Serial ATA Controller
Storage Controller SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Computer Specs.

DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2
nVIDIA nForce 590 SLI
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
2 GB of DDR2-800
Win XP Pro SP2

[QUOTE=IRDilligas;2041429]From Everest ultimate:

IDE Controller NVIDIA MCP55 Serial ATA Controller
Storage Controller SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Computer Specs.

DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2
nVIDIA nForce 590 SLI
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
2 GB of DDR2-800
Win XP Pro SP2[/QUOTE]

Make sure RAID is disabled in your motherboard bios. Set ide for sata in your motherboard bios as well. Also use the latest nvidia drivers from their website. Don’t rely on the motherboard cd.

Use good quality dvd media like Verbatim and use ImgBurn to burn dvd media. Imgburn is freeware! :wink: