Need some help with ps2 game backup

vbimport

First of all, I’m a complete noob at these things, so please try to keep any explanation as simple as possible ^^;

I pretty much backup all my ps2 games by putting an iso on my pc. But a few days ago, my original kingdom hearts disc broke down ( from playing it too often I suppose XD) so I burned the backup iso…
guess what… it doesn’t work. and I want to know if I can make it work.

some specs:

I have no modifications on my PS2.
I live in europe the netherlands, which has region code 2.
I don’t know which version ps2 I have, but it still is pretty big, not as flat as the newer ones.

if there’s anything else you need to know, fel free to ask, and remember to keep explanation simple XD

thanks in advance

[QUOTE=mirandi;2003930]I pretty much backup all my ps2 games by putting an iso on my pc.[/quote] Won’t work, you destroyed the libcrypt encryption schematic of the data

I have no modifications on my PS2.

Then it will never work. A normal ps2 cannot handle uncenrypted iso files.

I don’t know which version ps2 I have
Luckily there are only 15 different PS2 models… :rolleyes:

then how would I be able to backup them without destroying the “libcrypt encryption schematics”. I made my iso’s following a tutorial that said to make an iso using a program called DVDdecryptor…

so, how could I make it able to play them then? I heard about mod chips, but I don’t really like the idea of opening my ps2 and inserting something like that, is there any other way?

sorry about that… I checked the version thingie you can enter when you start-up the ps2 without a disk, it says the following:

unit: SCPH-50004
browser: 1.40
cd-player: 2.00
driver: 1.11
dvdplayer: 3.00H

I hope you know which version it is with this, if not, please tell me where or how I can find out which version it is…

so, how could I make it able to play them then? I heard about mod chips, but I don’t really like the idea of opening my ps2 and inserting something like that, is there any other way?
Swap Magic 3 or this.