Need some help with P-W4824A!

Hi guys…I’ve some problems with my Plextor W4824A, so please help me. :bow: …I’m going crazy!!!
First of all I can’t upgrade my firmware even if i’ve put my Plextor on Dma (current firmware 1.3, would upgrade to 1.6)
Moreover…it doesn’t work anymore!!! My windows Xp recognizes it but it fails when i put a disk in it…
I thought it was because of the other recorder (a Dvd one by Lg), but i’ve disconnected it and anythink happened…
If I open the Ide AtA/Atapi controller menu under “Hardware settings” I read:

Primary Ide Channel:
Input device 0: Transfer Mode–> Dma if it is possible, Current Transfer Mode --> U-Dma
Input device 1: Transfer Mode–> Dma if it is possible, Current Transfer Mode --> Not applicable

Primary Ide Channel:
Input device 0: Transfer Mode–> Dma if it is possible, Current Transfer Mode --> Pio Mode
Input device 1: Transfer Mode–> Dma if it is possible, Current Transfer Mode --> Not applicable

Secondary Ide Channel:
Input device 0: Transfer Mode–> Dma if it is possible, Current Transfer Mode --> Not applicable

Secondary Ide Channel:
Input device 0: Transfer Mode–> Dma if it is possible, Current Transfer Mode --> Multi- Word Dma, mode 2

Actual Ide AtA/Atapi controller driver are by Microsoft…shoud I download something else?

My configuration is:
P IV 3,0 Ghz
Abit Ic7-Max3 (Chipset Intel 82875P (MCH) + 82801ER (ICH5R))
512 Mb LL Corsair memory
Master Hd: Maxtor 120 Gb S-Ata 150
Secondary Hd: Maxtor 80 Gb Ata 133
Lg Dvd Re-Writer (Which is on the same port of the Plextor recorder setted as Slave)
Plextor W-4824A (Setted as Master, or Dma when I try to upgrade my firmware)
G-Force 3 Ti500
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Zs

Thank you very much…hope you’ll answer soon!!!

http://www.plextor.com/english/support/faqs/faq_fw.html

Tnks poaalpina but it doesn’t work…
I installed the aspi as suggested but when i try to update the firmware it returns me…“hardware error, code 041B00”…
Moreover the recorder still not read any cd…

Try the self test with a recommended (TY or Verbatim) disc. It’s either good or bad. Should take about 9 minutes and then eject the disc. If you get 1 or 2 blinks, the drive is bad.

bob11879, how can i do this self test?
I need plextor tools?
However Nero Info-tools recognizes my Plextor recorder…

Hooch3121980, you can find more info on how to perform the self-test in the Plextor FAQ. The self-test should be performed with media on Plextor’s recommended list. You don’t need any software to perform the test as it’s done by the drive itself, independently of your computer. I’m a bit confused how your Plextor recorder is set-up, could you post the LOG file from Nero InfoTool here? While you’re at it also try running Plextor’s PXInfo software and post here what it finds.

Ok guys…Don’t laugh at me…it was the cable!!! :bigsmile:
All’s going right now!!
Tnk you very much :wink: