Need some guidance on looking around for a new PC

Hello, I am looking around for a new Desktop computer any my needs are as follows:

1. No gaming
  2. Uploading Home movie’s non HD and HD
  3. Editing, rendering and burning my home movies
  4. Web surfing
  5. Burning My own DVD’S regular STD and Blu- Ray ,
  6. Working with Digital Pictures, correcting them with Adobe or other programs and printing and/or e-mailing them to a Processor like Snapfish to have them developed

My current systems are: 1. Windows XP, with bulging capacitors, who knows how long it will operate?
2, Windows Vista 32 bit Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core, 2.40 Gigahertz, 4Gig memory, 320 hard drive and a Seagate 320 external drive.

What I have read or others suggested is a 64 bit Quad Core Windows Vista
my concerns are that Vista is on the way out and some software’s are still
not compatible with it and that Windows 7 system is around the corner
and who knows what programs will be compatible with, time will tell I did not downloaded the Beta version, my mistake.

What I am asking this forum members are for there input if they wish to
chime in and state the experience that they have had with a 32 or 64 bit
PC have heard that a 64 bit runs on the hot side and need a least a 500-
700 watt fan.

Could just keep my Vista once that my XP is shot but while editing or
rendering my home movies, would like to play around the web or forums
or might be better of on just getting a small pc, to do this. (Less outlay) but for about $200-250 can probably get a better system then my current Vista.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Whats up Zapp, so what country are you in and how much are you looking to spend?

I am in the USA, as far as spending $500-800 tops do not need top of the line system just something a little faster then my current Vista System, my Xp is still working so not really in a hurry so far until the capacitors goes.

Just looking around on what system is better for my usage, so that I will be ready when the times comes, could just by the new one and give the XP to my daughter so that she will have something in the meantime.

Okay here is a modern build that will be plenty fast. Including monitor, but not the OS in case you have it or want to run the 7 demo. The MB has high quality onboard graphics that can decode blu-ray, and the cpu is plenty fast to decode any other unsupported video codec. This setup will use less power than most because it doesn’t need a video card.

$600, the cpu is out of stock ATM but it will pop back in I’m sure.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.1GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor
SeaSonic SS-300ET 300W ATX12V Ver.2.2 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
COOLER MASTER Elite 330 RC-330-KKN1-GP Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30 - OEM

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f7/help-me-put-desktop-computer-together-please-265369/#post2215696
Skip the video card and use the on board
//Danne

Thanks you guy’s it will be a excellent start and maybe a heck of a pleasant ending.