Need some feedback(SofII double helix)

vbimport

It is reported that this game is safedisc 2 yet Clony xxl 2006 comes up with no protection found on both disc's I have made a successful backup with the safedisc 2 settings using the latest clone version.any input..................

No this game isn’t a safedisk2 game at all. It just has a cd check and that is it. I have made a copy with the Acer 1832A that I own and if my memory is correct this drive isn’t all that good at handleing SD2 games.

the acer 1832A is a safedisc2 killer.

it supports raw 96 dao

not a bad writer back in there day…mine would still be burning if it didn’t die :frowning:

I stand corrected then… thanks sherman1. I must of stuffed up when I was copying a SD2 game then

no prob :wink:

they burn it fine…just don’t read subs…but that fixed now we have amplify :slight_smile:

Originally posted by sherman1
they burn it fine…just don’t read subs…but that fixed now we have amplify :slight_smile:
First you say the writer support DAO96 indicating the drive can read and write (?) the subs. Then you say the drive can’t do Subs and then you even say that AWS fixes this? Please don’t answer questions if you do not know what you’re are talking about. No flame intended but you replies don’t make any sense to me. Sorry if I am mistaken you though…

The ACER 1832A can write SafeDisc 2 that’s true. It has problems with the latest SafeDisc version 2.51.xxx. For this protection it needs AWS enabled. The ACER cannot read SubChannel Data and cannot fully write it (it’s limited to 94 bytes of SC Data and therefore cannot copy PSX games for instance). This info was gathered from Elby.ch.

http://baseportal.de/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/clonecd/main&Titel~=S&range=20,20 this is where I obtained my info I was just curious. P4 1.8 ghz 60 ghd G-force 4 ti 4600 , hp9310i liteon 40125S, toshiba XM-6702 drive :cool:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
First you say the writer support DAO96 indicating the drive can read and write (?) the subs. Then you say the drive can’t do Subs and then you even say that AWS fixes this? Please don’t answer questions if you do not know what you’re are talking about. No flame intended but you replies don’t make any sense to me. Sorry if I am mistaken you though…

the a drive needs not be able to read subchannel data to burn raw dao96.
there are many burners which arenot able to read subchannel data but will burn it.

the amplify weak sectors is a requirement necessary for this drive if it was used as the reader for SD2 and SD2.51.xxx.
however amplify weak sectors is not required for SD2 if an adequate reader is used to produce an image with both subs selected ( this i have done countless times my self). What i cannot say is whether or not AWS is needed to write SD2.51.xxx when an adequate reader is used. My 1832A died before this version was released. My guess would be that it could back it up without AWS, only a guess…so please don’t “flame” me if this is wrong.

btw it was the acer 16X, 20X writer and possibly the 12X, 24X that writes raw94 not the humble 1832A :wink: no flame intended

Give Da Man a prize…

Yes the Acer’s didn’t start writing RAW-DAO94 until the 16x.Any thing before that was in RAW-DAO96.

Originally posted by PaRaNoiD
Give Da Man a prize…

thanks but really there is no need :wink:

what was this thread about again?

I think my orignal question was answered thanks…:eek:

Originally posted by sherman1

the amplify weak sectors is a requirement necessary for this drive if it was used as the reader for SD2 and SD2.51.xxx.
however amplify weak sectors is not required for SD2 if an adequate reader is used to produce an image with both subs selected… What i cannot say is whether or not AWS is needed to write SD2.51.xxx when an adequate reader is used.

I’ll re-iterate GF’s comments - don’t answer with nonsense like this. Reading a SafeDisc image is not the issue, writing it is the issue. Subchannels have nothing to do with SafeDisc.

Originally posted by PaRaNoiD

Any thing before that was in RAW-DAO96.
How do you know this? The CRW-8432IA is reported as +16 - no known Acer can write a LibCrypt protected CD

sorry wrong thread ;).

all it is a standard CD check I bought the game…did three CD burn guard protection checks no burn guard found…just burn and enjoy the ride…I am the truth

No the truth is that there are different versions of the same game. Some are protected and some are not. It’s the same with GTA3.