Need some burner advice

vbimport

Just wondering which of these external dvd burners would be the best, both for quality, and durability. Will be using mainly for burning, but some scanning also.

Samsung SE-S084D/TSBS

Samsung SE-208AB

Samsung SE-S084F/RSBS

Lite-On eNAU108-111

Thanks in advance.

These are all bus-powered slim type drives which are good if you’re travelling, but for the best quality and performance you will want a full size (“half-height”) drive that has an own power supply. Such LiteOn models are starting with “eHAU” (external half-height USB).

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2625771]These are all bus-powered slim type drives which are good if you’re travelling, but for the best quality and performance you will want a full size (“half-height”) drive that has an own power supply.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying kg_evilboy.

I didn’t stop, and think before my original post. My system is an older Dell Dimension, and it has an internal slim-line cd drive in it now, and I’m guessing it probably won’t fit a normal size burner in it.

How good would it work to say get a full-size internal burner, and one of those usb to ide/sata cables, and use it like an external? Would that be better than a slim-line internal?

Also my drive is ide. Will I have to buy another ide drive, or can I hook up a sata (or how can I check/tell)?

Thanks.