Need some advice

vbimport

I'm using a Mitsumi FX4830T!B and a 48XATE. The first drive I use to read and the second drive I use to write.

I can't get clonecd 4 to work for anything with this drive - I don't have a problem with Nero making CD's - I don't have a problem with Nero copying CD's...

If I use clonecd to make a copy of even an audio CD I get a junk disk - when I use it to make a copy of a data CD my computer will read the CD as an audio disk and then say it's unplayable.

I tried using cloney and let it burn at 1x speed but even that didn't work. CloneCD says my CDrom drives are compatable (both of them) and nothing seems to work.

I have used the 3.x version of cloneCD with no issues - but now I can't find a download for the older version that seemed to have no problems with anything while the 4 version has produced a huge number of coasters...

HELP!

• Nierd

Exactly what version do you have? The newest version is not a beta, it’s 4.0.0.1 Final. You can get that one here:

http://elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/download.html

If you already have that version try this:

Right click on the writer. Select “Settings”. A window opens. Click “OK”. Now you can burn. You never have to do this “trick” again.

If that doesn’t work then here’s the download to CloneCD 3.4.4.1 (the newest before CCD 4)

http://download.com.com/3000-2242-8168098.html?tag=lst-0-1

Good luck.

Yeah I tried clicking on settings and that didn’t help.

The link you gave shows the old version - but when you download it and try to install it - it’s actually the new version… I’m trying to use version 4.0.0.1 - and like I said - even on a simple audio CD that nero copies fine - I get a coaster that is unplayable in the same CD burner that I’m using even. I’m at a total loss as to why.

Thanks for any help you guys can give =)

• Nierd

do not use clonecd for audio

@nierd - Tips & Checklist - post again after reading :wink:

Thanks - I did go through that before bothering to register - I don’t understand what setting would cause me to be unable to make a copy of a simple data cd that I mastered (of some service pack files) or an audio CD that I mastered.

I never had this problem with the older version of clone CD - shoot I just set it to copy and hit Go and wham no problem - the only time I had to worry about looking at the advanced settings was if I had a new game in my hands. Making backup CD’s for me is a real issue (I have 6 kids at home) and if I use the real CD most likely it will only last a month before it’s gone.

I’m at a loss - I still don’t understand what would cause clone to say everything is working fine - and burn - tell me the copy was complete with no problem - only to produce a cd with a ‘audio file’ that is unreadable.

• Nierd

Originally posted by nierd
[B]Thanks - I did go through that before bothering to register - I don’t understand what setting would cause me to be unable to make a copy of a simple data cd that I mastered (of some service pack files) or an audio CD that I mastered.

I never had this problem with the older version of clone CD - shoot I just set it to copy and hit Go and wham no problem - the only time I had to worry about looking at the advanced settings was if I had a new game in my hands. Making backup CD’s for me is a real issue (I have 6 kids at home) and if I use the real CD most likely it will only last a month before it’s gone.

I’m at a loss - I still don’t understand what would cause clone to say everything is working fine - and burn - tell me the copy was complete with no problem - only to produce a cd with a ‘audio file’ that is unreadable.

• Nierd [/B]

Try to disable the “allow subchannel reading” in your reader settings. Does this help?

Originally posted by damiandimitri
do not use clonecd for audio

Ummmm… why?

there are better program for burning audio cd’s…
like EAC and FEURIO…they are specialized in audio

For starters, CloneCD can’t make audio cds. Only copy them. And if this program makes 1:1 copies of CD, the a 1:1 copy of an audio CD should be pretty good.

but i heard…it is not that good in copying audio…
if you want to be sure…use feurio or eac

hrmmm - yeah using the cd-writer to read and write seems to work.

I guess I’m in the market for a new cd-reader… =)

Thanks for the help everyone.

• Nierd

but i heard…it is not that good in copying audio…

Yes, I hear lots of stuff. I usualy try it or test it out myself before spreading it around like its 100% truth.

Not trying to make an enemy

i know many people like clonecd a lot…me included

but you sound a little pissed…(see beneath)

Yes, I hear lots of stuff. I usualy try it or test it out myself before spreading it around like its 100% truth.

i read warnings from people who used it to copy audio cd’s…it wasn’t that good…

that is why we are here at the forum…aren’t we…to get a first opinion…

and by the way…clonecd is not perfect…
i just advise to use specialized programs…nothing wrong with that…
Also i am not spreading it around…just sharing what i know/heard…see it as a warning so that problems won’t come as an suprise…
So …if you do not believe me…ok…but do not attack me…

ps…i am not affraid to tell my opinion

Last year, around Sep to Nov, I tested audio with 4 or 5 versions of CloneCD. I got snap, crackle & pop on two versions and nice backups with the others. I use CloneCD (v4 is just fine, use 8x, which is what other good audio progs will use to rip ;)) to backup my discs and Feurio! to rip, compile & burn :wink: