Need some Advice on PX-810SA

I just bought a Plextor PX-810SA to replace my old Plextor 716A. Now I’m having an issue with buring DVD9 discs on PX-810SA and playing them in my DVD player (XBox360). If I burn a DVD9 disc at any speed then try to
play it in my dvd player it won’t read the disc, However if I used my 716A(I have used for years) with the same media/speed it works fine. So far I have tried Sony and Verbatim DVD9 I might try some HP just to see if the media is an issue but I’m not sure. Is their anything else I could try?

Can you update your sata drivers or if you are running a raid config try using a sata add on cntrlr card. I have read that running a sata raid config can cause issues with sata optical drives. The only other solution I have come across that appears to have worked in situations like yours is to do a clean re-install of your O/S whick is a pain but may work

[QUOTE=Rafterman;1924434]Can you update your sata drivers or if you are running a raid config try using a sata add on cntrlr card. I have read that running a sata raid config can cause issues with sata optical drives. The only other solution I have come across that appears to have worked in situations like yours is to do a clean re-install of your O/S whick is a pain but may work[/QUOTE]

This is a clean install of XP PRO sp2, my Sata drivers are up to date, and I’m not running any sort of sata raid… actually the 810SA is running off of it’s own channel.

Also I didn’t state this but the drive is not coastering the discs because the discs will play just fine in the 810 and my laptop. It’s just any disc created from this drive will not play in any of my DVD players which includes my xbox360. This problem now also includes DVD5 discs as well, I did a test this afternoon. It seem no matter what media type/maker, whatever this drivers burns it is not playable in other players which is no good for me. I am kind of disappointed Plextor has always had good quality. My 716A has been a really good burner. I’m not sure what’s next other then try another brand of burner.

I have the same problem with my PX-810SA. I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x Made in Singapore #43459. I cannot burn this DVD9 with the PX-810SA. Quality scans, done with the PX-760SA, show, that the Layer2 has very bad results. To my surprise I have the best result with Pioneer DVR-212B and the new FW 1.22.

As the PX-810SA is a OEM-212, I asked Plextor yesterday for a new firmware.

[QUOTE=Udo-Andreas;1924557]I have the same problem with my PX-810SA. I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x Made in Singapore #43459. I cannot burn this DVD9 with the PX-810SA. Quality scans, done with the PX-760SA, show, that the Layer2 has very bad results. To my surprise I have the best result with Pioneer DVR-212B and the new FW 1.22.

As the PX-810SA is a OEM-212, I asked Plextor yesterday for a new firmware.[/QUOTE]

What’s the word on that? I have owned a lot of Plextor Drives in the past but it looks like they dropped the ball on this one.

Are you checking to make sure these Dvd+R DL burns are being booktyped to Dvd-Rom?

It’s not a Plextor.

This feature is not offered with the PX-810SA or Pioneer DVR-212B.