Need Software CD for EMPREX DVD Dual 8x

I’m new so excuse me if I blunder all over the place. I got here by using Google to search for the referenced DVD burner. I purchased the device several months ago and I am just now getting around to trying to install it. In the meantime I have moved and I’m still unpacking stuff. Somehow at my old address I removed the installation CD for the Emprex DVD Dual 8x, I remember just to see what was on it, and apparently I didn’t put it back in the box, so now I cannot find it in the midst of mayham.

Does anyone know who I can contact to get another CD, or perhaps some kind soul would make me a copy of his if he has the same thing. Be glad to cover any expenses. Please contact me at jcaraway1@sbcglobal.net. Thanks so much.

Please inform what kind of software you are looking for. When i got my emperex it came with a PowerDvd disk if that is what you are looking for do a google for powerdvd.

As far a needing a driver for the disk drive you can just install and set jumper accordingly and turn it on windows should recognize the drive

The device is an EMPREX DVD Dual 8x Internal DVD +/- R and +/- RW Drive, which I purchased some months ago from Fry’s. It came with an installation CD with drivers and software to backup home movies, music, and photos on DVD or CD. I have misplaced this CD and I want to find a duplicate, new or copy. Thanks for the reply. Jim.

more and likely the program on the cd were just cheap freeby oem product.

Windows will recognize the burner i got mine from fry’s as well and it came with 2 disk but i didnt use them i have other program i prefer

For Dvd’s freeware is dvd shrink and dvd decryptor if you like i can give you a simple guide to walk you through it and for cd try nero which will also work weel with dvd shrink

Surely someone out there has purchased this item, an EMPREX DVD Dual 8x Internal DVD +/- R and +/- RW Drive, and installed it. All I want is access to the installation CD which was in the package. I have lost mine. I’ll pay for a copy or if you will trust me, send it to me and I’ll copy and return to you. Promise! I’ve tried Easy CD Creator 5 and it doesn’t even recognize the EMPREX. So much for Roxio. Anyone, please.

Try the two decent-looking freebies…
www.burnatonce.com (free and pro versions)
www.cdburnerxp.se

There are other free ones, but none of them actually look like a “normal” burning program.

i got the same problem… thing is this company emprex is not even “driver signed” with microsoft, so when it comes down to burning crap the programs dont even recognize the drive to be in there… such bs… 80$ down the drain…

What windows are you using? I am positive that 2003 recognizes the drive, and almost sure that XP does too. That means that you do not need drivers ar all. Software I use recognized the burner all right, but some trickier writing was flawed now and then (I do not mean data discs).

You almost got it. What came with the Emprex 8x was the Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 Basic Edition. Franky, I think this software is a piece of crap and my computer hasn’t worked correctly since the day I installed it. You want my original install disk, you can have it, just pay postage. Email me at (removed by moderators) and we’ll work it out. Bill:cop:

To news4bill did you happen to know when you were searching for a post to post in that this posting is like 5 years old. And the OP most likely since that time has either found a solution or stop using that software.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2546443]To news4bill did you happen to know when you were searching for a post to post in that this posting is like 5 years old. And the OP most likely since that time has either found a solution or stop using that software.[/QUOTE]

Hey coolcolors, FYI, someone did respond to my post and I mailed them the disk. Which is how I found out about your answer, since I haven’t looked at your worthless site since then. Perhaps you outta find something better to do with your time, than try to denigrate posters:p

news4bill
We do not allow email addresses in the open forum. Yours stayed in here much longer than normal…just slipped past us.

We also do not allow insults to other members for any reason whatsoever. If you continue that sort of behavior, you will be sanctioned. Consider this an official warning.