Need simple cdr proggie that can span disks

vbimport

i think i've looked everywhere by now, and i still can't find what i need...

i'm looking for a proggie that will allow me to span files over multiple cdrs... i've found something called "burn to the rim" and "ignition"... both truly suck, and basically just crash when working with large amounts of data...

i'm a photographer... coming back from a shoot i often have 3-4 full 1gb microdrives filled with raw files... these get converted to around 30-40gb worth of tiff files... i then need to send this out to a client on cds...

no individual file is bigger than the size of the cd, so i do not need a file splitter... most backup programs are useless for this purpose, since they expect to be used to restore the files... same for winrar and winace... the client needs to be able to pop a cd in and see the contents with acdsee or something similar right away, without unraring all the files...

right now i'm basically stuck creating each cdr by guestimating the amount of files that should go on it... this is extremely time consuming and horribly unproductive... none of the more popular products seem to have the feature i need, so i'm hoping to find some obscure little program that will help...

thanks,
zhulick

Don’t think there are any.
You want a program where you select lots and lots of files, and then the program burns a cd until it’s full, and ejects and asks you to insert a new cd…

Would be quite nice in some situations… But I don’t think anyone would create a program for such strange needs…

i’m starting to suspect the same thing…

looks like i’ll have to build one myself… shouldn’t be too hard…

a simple vb or java proggie that can select a directory and batch the file sizes up to a specified amount into multiple cue sheets, that can then be used with either fireburner or cdrwin…

was hoping to avoid this headache though…

thanks for your help…

In the newest versio of Musicmatch Jukebox, it enables burning data cd;s with smartsplit technology. i dont know if this is what you are looking for but i can do what you ask spanning multiple files over several cds. Hope this helps to spare you the trouble of writing your own

Winzip 8.1 has the ability to span disks and CDs. It works like a charm for me.

Edit:

Please, next time check your caps lock.
Caps are considered shouting and thus very inpolite

You may try Ghost 2002. Its not that simple but good.

Also you may use

HP Simple Backup or

Roxio Take Two