Need service code for Panasonic 50" TH-50PX80U

vbimport

I understand there is a secret service code to enter service menu to access more menu options for setup/color adjustments on the Panasonic 50" TH-50PX80U

Can some one please direct me to a link, post the secret code, or PM me as I would like to have it.

New set arrives Wednesday…so I am in a rush.

Also…where is a cheap place to buy decent cables at a decent price??

Thanks

Found it:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=622573

Just remember that when you mess with service codes, some changes are not reversible. It’s not recommended if you do not know what you are doing.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2134666]Just remember that when you mess with service codes, some changes are not reversible. It’s not recommended if you do not know what you are doing.

:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

And let me be clear lol…I do not know what I am doing…so I will probably never use it.

Reading up on this unit…it seems some color options are not available through the regular user menu…so I thought I may need to use this info…but it will be a last resort.

I hope it will be good to go pretty much out of the box…(after break in).

After looking at my old 50" + set…that had the static in the upper portion of the screen…and now the red logic or bulb is dead…I went to black and white (turned all color off)(still static in upper portion)…this tv should be a dream. It was a 1994 rear projection unit…she was a good one though!

I’m expecting an invite to watch the Superbowl with free beer and munchies :smiley: :cool:

[QUOTE=Bob;2134685]I’m expecting an invite to watch the Superbowl with free beer and munchies :smiley: :cool:[/QUOTE]

Bob

You make the trip here to East Tennessee…and I have a case with your name on it:bigsmile:

If i ever get that way i will let you know :iagree:

Need Advice

First…on this link:

http://www.bruzziforum.com/vbf/showthread.php?t=177

I still want to get into the service menu to make sure I did not get a refurb or open box…my remote does not have a status or setup button…only an info button and that does not work with pressing the vol - on the front panel of tv?? I must have a new style remote?

So can some one give me a link…I must have a newer remote.

Second…Item delivered with a 6-8 unch gash in box…when Sears delivery opened the box, it had a dent about 3- 4 inches long…2/8 inch deep or so (on back of unit)… and also a ping (I call it)…it had been pushed in…but a standoff or other item in back of the inside of the tv had kept it from being bent in deeper.

Sears first offer was $100 off or 1 year warranty…(I told them I would think it over and get back to them)… I am thinking it will cost Sears a couple hundred loss to sell as open box and maybe another $50 or more because of the dent…a re-delivery and the hassle of selling it over. Sears only had two of these tv’s in stock when I ordered …so if they do not have another in stock…they may have lost a sale from me if I tell them to pick it back up.

What would you guys push for as far as money being knocked off the price??

I am not crazy about the tv…on SD (except HBO and stuff) it seems to stretch the image…so the only setting that looks right to me is the 4x3 which has bars on the side. I hope this will change in Feb when everything changes???

I need to get into the service menu to see the run hours…please help.

What do you guys think I can settle for as far as I am thinking of the 3 year on-site warranty…as you never know…something could be cracked inside…and give me problems???

Thanks for any help…I suppose I am in a rush as I need to get back with Sears so please help…

Unit seems to be working perfect! Dent can not be seen as it is in the back of the unit…

Roadhog, your link is showing Panasonic Comercial Plasma. Did you try this link: http://www.bruzziforum.com/vbf/showthread.php?t=39

If it doesn’t work maybe you can post in the thread in Bruzzi forum.

I wasn’t waiting long enough. I can get to the service menu…but can not navigate. There is not status button on remote…but the info button does the same thing.

I am just going to forgot that one before I mess something up.

Any comments on the Sears deal as far as being damaged…I am wondering what kind of deal I can make. I think I may have to go with some sort of warranty…as if I have problems…if I were to send it back to Panasonic…they would see the dent…and say it is damaged and not their fault…which would be correct.

Rick

I would think up an amount of money in your head or on a piece of paper and/or warranty time and shoot that to them and if they get close to what you want for the damage in your mind then take it. I’d definitely go with an extended warranty paid by them. If they cannot get close to what you think you should get then have them credit your CC or refund your cash which ever and tell them to come get it.

Prices will be dropping as Thanksgiving and Christmas sales are coming up so you will probably get a good deal on another one…right?

It’s not the end of the world and this TV is not the only one left to buy. I’m sure there are others that you might like to have? Up to you.

I did not haggle much with them. They are sending in the mail (7-10 days) a 2 year warranty from SEARS…in home (free of charge for the dent in the back). Probably will never have to use it…but nice to have if needed.

I think I could have got more…but the tv looks so good since Charter installed an HD box…even though I only get about 14 HD channels.

I may have to go to Direct TV soon…as it appears they have the best selection of HD channels…and just keep basic cable for the rest of the house.

Should have waited until I was in a different frame of mind…I think I could have done better.

That’s for the Panasonic European Plasmas.

If it doesn’t work maybe you can post in the thread in Bruzzi forum.

Or I can post the answer here. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Roadhog;2135543]Need Advice

First…on this link:

http://www.bruzziforum.com/vbf/showthread.php?t=177

I still want to get into the service menu to make sure I did not get a refurb or open box…
[/QUOTE]

Here’s how to check the hours used on the PX80U Models:

http://www.bruzziforum.com/vbf/showthread.php?p=202#post202

Welcome to cdfreaks, BruZZi, and thanks for the info! :wink:

Thanks BruZZi

I will give that a try tomorrow…thanks for the info…

And welcome to cdfreaks:bow:

BruZZi

Worked like a charm. I had:

Time: 00134.40

Count: 0000037 (what ever this means).

I have had it since Oct 1 (late in the day) so this is probably correct…since it is on 10-14 hours each day.

Thanks For the information. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Roadhog;2141005]BruZZi

Worked like a charm. I had:

Time: 00134.40

Count: 0000037 (what ever this means).

I have had it since Oct 1 (late in the day) so this is probably correct…since it is on 10-14 hours each day.

Thanks For the information. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Cool.

And thanks for the welcome guys. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Roadhog;2135543]Need Advice…

I am not crazy about the tv…on SD (except HBO and stuff) it seems to stretch the image…[B]so the only setting that looks right to me is the 4x3 which has bars on the side. I hope this will change [/B]in Feb when everything changes???

[/QUOTE]
Don’t bet on it. It will be many years before that changes and even then many older programs which folks watch will need side bars if you are a stickler for perfect AR. The Panasonics are actually pretty good at dealing with this. Have you tried the ‘Just’ setting? Do note Panasonic warns against constant viewing with side bars and hopefully you have read and followed their break in instructions.

Yep I tried the various formats, stretch, just, and so on…zoom seems to be the best with out things looking out of wack.

I am getting ready to post soon in the forums about Direct TV and Dish Network…which is best and if this problem also is seen on dish…??

The HD from Charter is OK when they are broadcasting in HD…however…channels like the history channel (charter hd) and a couple others, they are just broadcasting in stretch format lol…looks like crap…

The TV is great when it receives the correct signal…seems like only prime time shows and sports are broadcast in the correct signal.

Nothing like buying a wide screen tv only to watch channels in square format so they do not look like every one is 50 lbs over weight. If I wanted to see fat people all night I would just look in the mirror :smiley:

It does not matter where you are getting your source from, If it is sent to you via 4:3 format you only have two choices. You either watch with black bars on the side or you stretch it to fill the screen, which in turn distorts the image making people look short and fat. This is more noticeable when watching a SD feed over a HD feed. When it comes to manipulating the source each T.V. manufacturer will handle it in pretty much the same fashion. Some manufacturers give you more options when it comes to manipulating the source.

If people are just buying T.V.'s to watch SD content then they are going to have to live with the options given. This is something that people need to understand when making a change from the old conventional T.V. . Now if you made the transition to SD + HD then you can reap the benefits of the HD source when it is send to ya in 16:9. format. A filled screen with sharp clarity, more picture than SD and the people will not look short and fat.

Remember that we are still in a transition stage, not everything will be in widescreen format, but is rapidly progressing that way.

:cool::cool: