Need Reliable DVD-R/+R for Data Storage

vbimport

I’m looking for very good quality DVDs for Data Storage. I prefer DVD-Rs, but I’ll take DVD+Rs as well. So far the only ones I’ve found are the Taiyo Yuden at Supermediastore. The only thing is that I don’t need 100 DVDs, I would like to pay half the price for a 50 pack.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Jonathan.

Yo-

Suggest that you get Taiyo Yuden 50 pack from www.rima.com

They are possibly the best vendor known to us freaks-

Be prepared - you are going to pay for more than half for a 50 cakebox - from anyone! Also the shipping for a 100 cakebox from Rima is only slightly higher than for the 50 cakebox-

btw - Rima sells only Grade A medias-

Happy Burnin’

Mike

I second that emotion. Rima is, to the best of my knowledge, the only seller of Taiyo Yuden unbranded media in the USA that’s a TY authorized reseller.

JD

You could always purchase a 100 pack and then ebay the rest or I am positive you can find someone on here who may just purchase the other 50 from you.

You can always order here. I know its supermedia store. I have ordered from them many times with not one single problem.

http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo-yuden-4x-dvd-r-media-silver-matte-spindles-100.html

Keep in mind, those ones at supermediastore are only 4X, and are the TY “Value,” graded media. (Still better than almost anyone else’s A grade stuff though.)

JD

Yo JD-

Just to let you know Bra - SuperMediaStore carries the regular Taiyo Yuden also - BUT it has been my experience that they charge more than Rima for their shipping - and their www.resellerratings.com ratings are significantly lower than Rimas-

Mike

I know thier ratings are lower then Rima. I ordered the 4x from supermedia store and got the 8x. They will burn at a 16x with my benq 1620.

Yo studmonkey76-

Ya - I ordered the TY “value discs” from SuperMediaStore too - 'cause at that price ($22) - it would have been crazy NOT to-

The $8.87 shipping pi$$ed me off though-

Mike

I ordered mine when they had a free shipping special. Got 200 of them for 40 bucks cause i had a coupon code also.

Yo studmonkey76-

You certainly got a great deal on great discs there Bra-

Good for you-

Mike

Well, my burner is only 8X, and the Taiyo Yuden 4X media will probably burn at 8X anyway. I might just go ahead and do it.

If you want them to be super reliable, I’d try them at 6X, but at 8 you might be sacrifuicing a bit of burn quality. Then again, you MIGHT get T02’s too. :slight_smile:

JD