Need recommendations for DVD/Jewel Cases

vbimport

Hi,

I need some recommendations for high quality DVD/Jewel Cases. I had some bad run-ins with normal jewel cases where I found problems like difficulty in removing the disc without using excessive force, or the disc was bound to tightly/loosely to the case.

Basically by high quality I mean that the case
-Should hold the disc well
-Should not cause the disc to sag/distort
-Should be easy to remove disc without using excessive force (no bending on disc during removal)
-Should preferably be of good material and workmanship

Can anyone help me? A link to an online site would be great, as I am looking to order about 50+ DVD cases.

Might help if you give a clue about where you are at.

CLICK

how are you taking the dvd`s out of the jewel case?

i put a lot of my dvds in jewel cases know as it takes up less space than dvd cases and is better than wallets and i dont have a problem removing the disc.

i use my thumb a 4 finger, press my thumb into the centre with my finger on the edge of the disc and just pull back on my finger and the disc pops out very easy i dont know if this is the propper way or not but it doesnt seem to put the disc under much pressure. or do you just preffer the button relese they have on dvd cases?

I live in Singapore (it’s in SE Asia).
Sites that have internatonal shipping would be preferred, but I can ship to a US address cause there is a local service that helps ship stuff from US to my country.

Erm… I prefer the button release on DVD cases, as it is really much easier to remove the disc. I’ve used jewel cases before, some are quite good, but others hold the disc too tightly.

Any recommendations for DVD cases in particular?
I’ve done a bit of online search and found a few cases that look like they have above average quality. I think their brands were Amaray and Alphapak.
Anyone has experience which such DVD cases before?

The black DVD cases from Rima, both the single and double types, have a very gentle push-button release. Very inexpensive too, in 100-ct cases.

Any other recommendations?
I was thinking of buying the Amaray or Alphapak DVD cases.
Btw, does anyone know what “brand” of DVD cases are sold by Rima?

Why not ask them? They actually answer emails. :slight_smile: I’ve got a case of doubles and a case if singles here, but there’s no markings of any kind on them.

I got some slim DVD cases from shop4tech and for the money I am happy enough with what I got.

HI I SUPPLY CD AND DVD CASES TO COMpANYS DVD CASES FROM 7MM AND DVD CASES RANGE SINGLE TO QUAD IF INTRESTED PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK OR FAX ME ON (03) 97729052 PLEASE FIND ATTACHED PRICE LIST THANKS ALOT

Errr, it is against the ‘terms of service’ to advertise here…

No spam or advertising here please.

*** some posts deleted ***

I’m also thinking about starting to store my DVDs in Jewel cases. Maybe purchase a nice shelf to store all my DVDs.

I want to invest some money in the same Jewel cases so my collection looks organized.

Need some recommendations, maybe some bad experiences w/ certain ones, etc.

Thanks and best regards,
JST

I’m looking for high quality DVD jewel cases to put together my collection.

Is what I found. It’s called DVD-Audio Singles by Amaray. Anyone have any experience w/ these or know anything about them?

They look plasticy… I want them of fairly high quality. Anyone know if they have a plastic feel to them? or a glass feel?

Amaray cases are the best dvd like cases you can buy they even supply the cases for offcial dvd movie releases so that speaks volumes.

In my opinion i can just tell the quality of an ameray case by the feel of how it closes.

i even drop tested my dvd cases once i would drop the dvd case with a disc in on its corner from about 1 meter all the other dvd cases apart from ameray cases the disc came out but amerays clamp with its 0 holding pressure on the center did not loose the disc once.

I know that transluscent cases are cool, but beware: optical media is sensitive to light. Personally I’d recommend to use, rather than these, opaque cases from the same Amaray range.

BTW these are not [I]jewel cases[/I] but DVD-style cases :wink: - and yes, they do have a plastic feel.

The clutch on most standard jewel cases releses with thumb pressure on the centre, while the clutch on most slimline or double JCs is awful.

From the appearance of that Amaray single, is it breakage resistant?

All genuine Amaray cases are.