Need recommend for a DVD-RW

vbimport

Hi,

I’m looking for a DVDRW that can perform Q-Scan and reasonable write quality, esp on Verbatim & TY DVD+R.
I have the below to choose from…

Asus DRW-24B3ST
LG GH24NS50
Samsung S222
Sony 880S 24x
HP 24X 1270i

Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks

Well…the LG won’t be capable of quality scanning, so I guess that’s that one ruled out?

Samsung drives can do quality scans, however I’ve no experience of that model (I have it’s SATA sibling, the 223x, instead).

Hopefully someone else will be a long soon with some input on the other drives in your list. :slight_smile:

I’m leaning towards either the Samsung S222 or Sony DRU880s.
Anyone know if the Sony is a clone of LiteOn ?

Rgds

No worries :slight_smile:

From post #70 in this thread, I would get the impression the DRU-880S is an NEC-chipset drive in Sony clothing - but maybe wait til an owner can confirm :wink:

Since you’re considering the Sony SATA drive, any reason why the Sammy 223x isn’t in there? Not available to you, or just haven’t read anything good about it?

(Personally, I think it’s not a bad drive - certainly does the trick for me on the discs you mention ;)).

it depends on the “x” if a TSST 223x is good or not.

Michael

Ah. I have 2x 223Fs (one with Dell firmware).

@albetan - according to a forum search on the Asus model listed, it looks to be a LiteOn. Whether it could quality scan with the Asus firmware, I’ve no idea though. :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2633417]No worries :slight_smile:

From post #70 in this thread, I would get the impression the DRU-880S is an NEC-chipset drive in Sony clothing - but maybe wait til an owner can confirm :wink:

Since you’re considering the Sony SATA drive, any reason why the Sammy 223x isn’t in there? Not available to you, or just haven’t read anything good about it?

(Personally, I think it’s not a bad drive - certainly does the trick for me on the discs you mention ;)).[/QUOTE]

Hi,

The above list is basically what is avail in my area,
It will be a hassle to get it online and to deal with the warranty later on.

Rgds

[QUOTE=Arachne;2633423]Ah. I have 2x 223Fs (one with Dell firmware).

@albetan - according to a forum search on the Asus model listed, it looks to be a LiteOn. Whether it could quality scan with the Asus firmware, I’ve no idea though. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Yes, according to this thread (#11), it is a iHAS124B.
From the attached Nero Quality Scan, the drive shown is Asus,
so it should be able to do scan.
And impressive Write Quality as well.

Rgds

Sounds like it ticks all the boxes - are you gonna go for that one?

[QUOTE=Arachne;2633491]Sounds like it ticks all the boxes - are you gonna go for that one?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good choice :iagree: