Need New Good Quality DL Burner

vbimport

lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

I’m looking for a new Dual layer DVD Writer (E-ide or SATA). havent purchased any in a while.
i use Memorex DL & Verbatim DL media on my current Burners @ 8 & 10 x
And thats all i write with these drives. Now i need another Good DL Writer.
current

lite-on LH-20A1H
TssTCorp(samsung) SH-S203B (burns Verbatim DL @ 10x)

i normally use 8x to burn DL media neither one gives me problems burning DL memorex or verbatim DVDS (which shocked me when i found the media type of the memorex was Ritek S04-42…

any info or recommendations will be appreciated and thank u very much…

i dont deal with sony aftr a replacement issue on theiur DRU 820A drive. i had 2 fight em just 2 replace a 2 month oild drive - never again (i don’t have the time or energy anymore)…

Hey RT;
I live in Auburn Hills, the Pio 215D is excellent with MKM001@ 8x, look at the Pioneer 215 quality scans thread, I have several DL burns posted, I can’t verify any other DL media.

[QUOTE=RTShaw;2038340]lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

I’m looking for a new Dual layer DVD Writer (E-ide or SATA). havent purchased any in a while.
i use Memorex DL & Verbatim DL media on my current Burners @ 8 & 10 x
And thats all i write with these drives. Now i need another Good DL Writer.
current

lite-on LH-20A1H
TssTCorp(samsung) SH-S203B (burns Verbatim DL @ 10x)

i normally use 8x to burn DL media neither one gives me problems burning DL memorex or verbatim DVDS (which shocked me when i found the media type of the memorex was Ritek S04-42…

any info or recommendations will be appreciated and thank u very much…

i dont deal with sony aftr a replacement issue on theiur DRU 820A drive. i had 2 fight em just 2 replace a 2 month oild drive - never again (i don’t have the time or energy anymore)…[/QUOTE]

wow good to see someone is using the 20A1H drive I had…cause mine had died out 2 months past warranty…but to you question I bought the next hardware from liteon DH-20A4H and just started using it for burning DL media and seems to work good if not better so far…granted there is a noise when it scanned dvd to hdd but that something I can live with as this is when the highest noise it produces then I am happy with it. I did buy it from newegg for a good price as well…I bought the retail item not oem…You might want to give the DH-20A4H lookover if you used the 20A1H model…

any reason in particular you’re looking for a new drive if your old ones are fine? the only new liteon drive is the 20a3x, and I don’t think I would call it a great DL writer (has the DL problems been fixed? I’ve been MIA for a bit). I prefer my pioneers; they are the only ones that are really able to write some of the horrendous DL MIDs out there.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2038348]Hey RT;
I live in Auburn Hills, the Pio 215D is excellent with MKM001@ 8x, look at the Pioneer 215 quality scans thread, I have several DL burns posted, I can’t verify any other DL media.[/QUOTE]

thanks much, will look into it today… i keep building new systems (4 me its slow going) and adding them 2 my network. sometimes i hate being a computer nut/freak i hoard everything! HA…

THANK U…

[QUOTE=seeker010;2038619]any reason in particular you’re looking for a new drive if your old ones are fine? the only new liteon drive is the 20a3x, and I don’t think I would call it a great DL writer (has the DL problems been fixed? I’ve been MIA for a bit). I prefer my pioneers; they are the only ones that are really able to write some of the horrendous DL MIDs out there.[/QUOTE]

YWAH, I ACTUALLY could use 2. being a computer nut/fool/freak i keep buying and trying new products. since i have both Sata & ide i try 2 get 1 burner of each type. play with em in a new system (or barebones then stick that system online or give it 2 some handicapped kid… Newegg.com has some dynamite Asus barebones systems4 169 - 189. i bought one of each after damaging my hands so bad i cant build from scratch anymore (can hardly hold a screw). These barebones ones take the latest cpu’s (i tossed Q6600 quads in em with a 8600 or 8800Gt/GTS video card and they are ripe for fast video conversions and such. running ConvertXtoDVD takes about 25 mins or less 2 convert/compress video files then toss em on a dual layer dvd… i currently have 2 - 400 dvd sony units and 1 dvd that plays everything anims, divx, etc. and backing up files or a backup of the os on the systems i always use Dual Layer dvd’s especially 4 vista it suicks up so muchroom. owned 2 computer repair centers & was a nasa engineer before this post-polio forced me into beiing bedridden and other mAJOR HEALTH Problems so i still crawl around and try 2 do my thing… every time i build a new system i say “thats it, no more” but then a new motherboard comes out that i wanna test (or play with) or some other new piece of equiptment… my latest system is 4 gigs, a Q6600 quad cpu @ 3.9ghz (air cooled / freezer pro hsink), dual tv tuner, vista ultimate,P5k-E wifi asus mobo dual 22inch monitors, 2 - i TB hard drives with 2 raptors (raid 0 ) for booting, Dns-323 Net unit with 2 - 500 gig sata hard drives, other crazy stuff includes 2 outside remote rotating X-10 color cameras w/sound and home lighting control thru a server in my utility room. 2 remote printers with 7.1 surround sound from a fortissimo II audio card…
i usually write 2 bothburners simutaneously (saves time) i’m getting further and further away from single layermedia and waiting 2 purchase a good blue-ray burner 2 backup data oh yeah mpvies too (i don’t like scratching the origionals) other stuff but hands are 2 tired…

Soo, i look 4 good DL burners even though i have a few nhow, a few lite-0ons, sony s 820a, plextors 760a if i recall and a pioneer or two,and the samsung havent tried LG bran yet and i’m itching 2 get one to mess with too. Shied away from plextors lastyear and the samsung burns verbatim DLat 10x which is not bad, about 12 mins then another 10 mins or so 2verify. i go thru disks like water… memorex DLis 44 buxs/ 50 andthey work at 8x all day - didn’t use em at first don’t care 4 ritek since if uhave bad dvds uhave 2 return them 2 get replacements, not with verbatim or memorex… heck u pay 4 dvds they are bad and they expect u 2 pay shipping chargesback 2 the 4 replacements thats BS. Memoerx only requires a copy of the purchase reciept and verbatim doesnt even require that…So i stick with them…Until i find better, f a company doesnt stand by their product they don’t get my money (unless i’m unaware of them)…
i received abad batch of 50 memorex Dl media last week, mwave.com where i bought the media stated they didnt warranty em i’m trying 2 stop their payment, meantime i contacted memorex (dvd’s were less than a week old) and failed 2 write at the same point on all the various writers i have so i conscted memorex, they just asked to email a copy of the reciept and they sent me out another 50 just like that… but i will never deal with mwave.com again and i spend pretty good money on hardware & software each month udsually thru newegg.com butthey didnt have 8-10x media. ieven ordered another 50 from tigerdirect… i’ll use em sometime soon…
So anything writing DL at decent speeds an cleanburns i want to play with before i kick… u can’t take it with yah so i’m sure as h… gonna buy computer stuff. hey i may ned the expertise where ever i’m going in the next life hope they have ipods i’m a music nut too…

sorry this was so long some of my medications make me run on and on…

Ron

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2038348]Hey RT;
I live in Auburn Hills, the Pio 215D is excellent with MKM001@ 8x, look at the Pioneer 215 quality scans thread, I have several DL burns posted, I can’t verify any other DL media.[/QUOTE]

i meant 2 ask u how the roads were up that way & 94 (or is it i 96? man i’ve been in this bed 2 long), i have family (in A H too) & a judge friend that wanna come over 2 port huron 2 see me and pick my brain but they are worried about all the construction work (and Quami(sp) K. too haha)…i know u get 2 go to all the computer shows/flea markets, wish i could…
I’m looking 4 your scans on the pioneer…

thanks much …