Need new dvd burners with good cd support

building a new rig and im going to do a pair of dvd burners instead of one dvd and one cd…my case allows for only 2 spots with the water cooling i have set up (a 5.25" water bay)…i want dual dvd burners so i dont always have to swap out for a blank disc…but i burn a ton of audio discs and backup my store bought ones. so i need some thing that will allow me to do both and i have heard some dvd burners are terrible for cd burning…

no ide please only sata or pata…

can anyone help me out here and get me set up with what i should get. looking at a few at newegg and need them asap. thanks in advance for any help…

Welcome to the forum, I would recommend only what I have personally… LG, Sony, Pioneer are some decent drives. Like I always say look for the sales!

well looking at any of these here unless anyone knows of better prices??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=5&Description=&Type=&N=2010100005+1036506653&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=5&MaxPrice=40&PropertyCodeValue=382%3A6813&PropertyCodeValue=384%3A6820

[QUOTE=armada;1964719]well looking at any of these here unless anyone knows of better prices??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=5&Description=&Type=&N=2010100005+1036506653&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=5&MaxPrice=40&PropertyCodeValue=382%3A6813&PropertyCodeValue=384%3A6820[/QUOTE]

Don’t forget shipping and handling! But for people that don’t have major stores in their city then I would look to the major stores web site for even better prices the NewEgg.

[QUOTE=armada;1964719]well looking at any of these here unless anyone knows of better prices??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=5&Description=&Type=&N=2010100005+1036506653&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=5&MaxPrice=40&PropertyCodeValue=382%3A6813&PropertyCodeValue=384%3A6820[/QUOTE]

Maybe this drive at Staples.Com might be of interests:

Item 643060Model IDVD168DL I/O Magic 16X Internal Double-Layer DVD Drive
Double Layer technology - store twice as much data (8.5GB) on single sided DVD DL media (not included)
MAX Double Layer speed (+R/-R): 8X/4X
Features a black faceplate
Customer Rating (8 reviews)Read 8 Reviews Expected Delivery
1 Business Day Price: Was $39.98
$32.90
Each
Save $7.08
Promotions: Clearance Qty. Add to Cart

how is that cheaper than some of the 25$ drives with free shipping at newegg?? i shop there all the time and they have the samsung, optiarc and others free shipping on and they are 20x burners for 33$ and under??

i really just need to know what is the best overall all around burner , i have read some bad things about the optiarc and others say things about the samsung on other forums… i need to make sure the drive can read the whole cd including the hidden tracks etc… and burn a good quality audio disc…

any more info would be great thanks

For cd burning quality your best bet imo would be a Samsung 203B, i believe they’re also considered good cd readers.

[QUOTE=chaosoffar2k;1965096]For cd burning quality your best bet imo would be a Samsung 203B, i believe they’re also considered good cd readers.[/QUOTE]:iagree: Samsung 20x drives are very good CD burners and readers. I would also consider a Pioneer.
Also, I would not recommend a Liteon based drive for any CD applications.

[QUOTE=armada;1964698]
no ide please only sata or pata…
[/QUOTE]:confused:
IDE=PATA

Michael

sorry not sure why i didnt catch that yeah i need sata only …

looking at the pioneer dvr-212 also

how are the lg drives? specifically the GSA-H62NK, and the asus DRW-2014L1T??

is any one of those the best of the bunch??

the lite on i was considering was the LH-20A1S and the optiarc AD-7190S which i have read is really a lite on drive??.. so these would not be good for cd burning …?? thanks again

please keep in mind these will be my only burners so i really need the best all around burners that are good with most media…i usually get good media but i do have people that come over with junk and id like to be able to burn as much of that as i can as well…