Need new DVD and or CD burner for Yuden T02 and Yuden cdrs

Hey guys.

My question is, what is the best dual layer DVD-R drive for my Yuden T02’s, (i have about 200 left), and my taiyo yuden cd-rs? There are often times I am doing multiple burns at once, so I dont mind having a 2nd drive. Yes the purporse is to upgrade to higher end speeds, and also go with black bezels.

Is there a all inclusive drive that will burn cd’s and dvd’s just as fast as a stand alone cd burner? Or should get two like I have now? I got the SOHR because the NEC 3500 couldnt burn at 52x.

I am way too lazy to paint my bezels on my NEC 3500AG and my Lite-On SOHR-5238S.

I am building pretty much a new system in my Antec P180B, conroe based system. The case is black, so I need some new black optical drives.

I realize my drives arent that old, but I might as well toss them in to my system overhaul.

So any recommendations? I’ve heard good things about the Pioneer DVR-110, is that the top of the line dvd writer? And what about cd-r burner?

And I should add, Id like my CD-RW capabilities to be at 24x+, as I have a bunch of that media that I use. And I do burn at 52x with my cd-rs at times, so that should be a option too.

Hi,

My Benq DW1650 is one of my best writers for TY CD-R.

Yes the purporse is to upgrade to higher end speeds, and also go with black bezels.
Is there a all inclusive drive that will burn cd’s and dvd’s just as fast as a stand alone cd burner?
Most DVD writers are limited to 40x or 48x CD-R speed. There is not much difference between 52x max and 48x max, even 40x max is not much slower than 52x.

I realize my drives arent that old, but I might as well toss them in to my system overhaul.

So any recommendations?
Get a Benq DW 1650 or 1655 (if you want Lightsribe) in black. For hi speed CD-R writing, get an external enclosure end install your Litey there.
I’ve heard good things about the Pioneer DVR-110, is that the top of the line dvd writer?
DVR-110 is outdated, its successor is DVR-111. Have a look at the reviews here on CDfreaks.com

Michael

Okay, so maybe I should buy the Benq 1650 with cd-r burns in mind, and the pioneer 111 with DVD in mind? I dont know that I “need” two optical drives, but that could cut down on my burning sessions, when i back up tv eps, and various other stuff to dvd.

Hi,

The Benq is very good for both. And you can still use your existing drives (especially the Litey CDRW) in external enclosures. Think about that :slight_smile:

Michael

While I do appreciate the input, I am just not big on external closures. I am a cable management nut.

And an external closure will just add to the mess. I also work for a hardware news site, so often I am swapping review parts in and out of my rig, and I dont really want anything extra like that getting in the way.

Hi,

OK.

I am a cable management nut.
:iagree: This is a very nice rig :clap:
I strongly invite you to write a cable management guide for the general hardware section :bigsmile:

Michael

I should send you my PC. I need some management inside. My Tagan PSU has so long cables…

Actually guys, I already did that for the hardware site I write for. :slight_smile:

Here are my articles. http://hardware.gotfrag.com/portal/writers/22211/

And in particular, here is my cable management article on my old case: http://hardware.gotfrag.com/portal/story/32771/

Nice pic/pinup of the month/LOL