Need mobile broadband for my laptop

vbimport

Hi Guys,

Could any1 offer some advice for getting mobile Broadband for my Laptop.

I live in the UK and I know that Vodafone offer a G3 broadband mobile modem for doing this but I am new to this whole G3 modem thing and need some advice.

Are there any good deals out there and how much per month would it cost to have a G3 modem for my laptop.

I need to be albe to get online when I am out and about.

Thanks in advanced for any help and advice given. :slight_smile:

You would need to speak to Vodafone about pricing, but I think its quite pricey, charging you per MB.

As more and more places are coming wireless it might be worth investing in a wireless network card so that you can connect lke that and then I used to go on the internet with my mobile and laptop VIA Infrared Modem installed in my PHone (Nokia 6600) thus I was using up my contracts free minutes on a Wanadoo free account (0845 number)

@TheRabbi

Thanks for the info.

Are there any other cheaper alternatives to G3 like a PCMCIA wireless Modem? Or does the modem have to go via a Mobile Phone?

Could some one out their help me please, iIam moving house on Monday and the place has no broad band connection and I have been told it could take weeks to get connected, I have been told that some how you can get broad band via your lap top by buying something to connect you to it, I will be helpless with out it, please all you computer experts please help this lady fast, If I don’t have it I will have to do all my shopping dial up and that’s too expensive. Thanks Vivienne.

Could some one out their help me please, I am moving house on Monday and the place has no broad band connection and I have been told it could take weeks to get connected, I have been told that some how you can get broad band via your lap top by buying something to connect you to it, I will be helpless with out it, please all you computer experts please help this lady fast, If I don’t have it I will have to do all my shopping dial up and that’s too expensive. Thankyou Vivienne.